Sunday, August 31, 2014

Is It Really the Last Day of August? {Nothin' but the Tooth} {Strep} {Working Mom Waaa Waaa} {My BFF Beth}

Is it really the last day of August?  I simply cannot believe it.  I still need to blog about everything we did this summer.  I am considering a weekly post featuring a recap of a summer event/trip.  Might even be a way to continue the magic of summer through the Fall!  Until then...

{Nothin' but the Tooth}
Okay so I am still in the process of dealing with the broken tooth.  Apparently, I am a naive fool who thought you could just roll in to the dentist, grab a shot of novocaine and be done with it.  Not so much.  
I finally got in to see the oral surgeon who upon reviewing my xrays has discovered that the tooth is adjacent to my sinus cavity, and could actually be inside it a bit, which will require an extra step for closing up a hole left when my tooth is removed. 
As a result, I am required to take antibiotics for 4 days before they can do the surgery.  SURGERY.  Seriously??? I hate taking medicine.  Medicine is usually not good to me.  I was completely horrified when I picked up the prescription for the antibiotics and saw this:
Yep.  1 pill every 6 hours for 4 days.  REALLY??!!  Is this necessary???  I was expecting ONE pill per day for a total of 4 pills!!   I am really hating on myself for not going to the dentist when this tooth first cracked and getting a crown.  Total NIGHTMARE here.
p.s.  look how scaly my hand looks, ick!

{Strep}
For the first time ever, we had strep in the house last week.  Poor B missed 2 days of school - and he likes to go to school!  b would have probably delighted in throat pain if it meant he didn't have to go.  He trotted along to the doctor with us, and while B was off agonizing over possibly having to get a shot or being told that he has cancer, b kept laying out everywhere trying to get examined.

{Working Mom Waaa Waaa}
It is so hard to get out and walk now that summer break is over.  By the time I get home from work, I have 9 million other things to do.  This week I have really been making the effort, despite the heat, although I am sure I won't be walking daily, and for sure not twice daily like I did in the summer.  I do enjoy it - and need it - but I need to do the 9 million things as well - and spend time with the boys.

{My BFF Beth}
This week I did finish my summer Bible Study, Beth Moore's Children of the Day.  In the final video session, Beth has you do a little activity that really is best done with your small group.  Of course I was flying solo with my Bible Study this summer, so I had to enlist the help of the Canadian.  I tweeted a picture of it, and Beth replied to me!!  If you are keeping count, this is the SECOND time I have tweeted with my BFF, Beth - haha! :-)  
In case you missed it, I blogged about the 1st time here.  Listen, I "know" Beth Moore well enough to know she doesn't want anyone to be her "fan", she wants us all to chase after Jesus, but if I am being honest, I was SO EXCITED to hear from her!!!  Sometimes social media can be so much fun!
And on that note, I'm off to read my Bible Study for today.  
Happy Sunday Y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. The tooth situation sounds awful. I hate anything dentist related. Hope it goes smooth and recovery isn't too bad. I'm with you on having trouble finding time to get out and walk/exercise. I'm hoping I can get into a regular schedule again once we're into the school year a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear about everything going on with your tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooth stuff is the absolute worst! Antibiotics are hard for me. They all seem to make me sick unless I eat an entire MEAL with every pill. That gets difficult. Hope everything goes well with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...