Monday, April 7, 2014

So it went a lil' something like this... {Spring Break 2014}

Spring Break 2014 has come and gone.  le SIGH.  It was glorious.  Only working one job.  No hectic schedules for the kids.  No homework.  Time to workout in the mornings.  Time to eat healthy throughout the day.  Early quiet time to study the Word.  Bliss.
Spring flowers in Marietta
As usual, it took me a day or two to regroup.  By my Wednesday morning shower, I could literally feel my mind open up.  Thought processes were clear.  The weight was gone.  So refreshed.
I spent some time wondering, why can't I get it together like this during the "school" year days?  Why does a little thing like school/work have to ruin my tranquility and zest for living?  Isn't there a way to have both, to have it all?  
If there is, I surely haven't found it.  And I am sure by this Wednesday, day 3 of being back at work and the boys back at school, my mind will be locked up like a trap again.  And I'll feel angry, anxious, and unhappy.
Amid the worries of losing my job, of not being able to enjoy my boys each day, of not having any time to reflect and take care of my mind, body, & spirit, there is one shred of hope....only 7 more weeks until summer break.
Thank you Jesus!

So, since my mind will be completely cloudy in less than 48 hours, I'd better make note of a few of the fun things we did get to do last week...

~The boys hit the pool for the first "official swim" of the year.  Still too cold for me, but not painfully cold.  Not sure the water temp because our pool thermometer is broken.
B and b didn't care, though, and also spent time racing around the Mann 500 poolside, as per their usual.  When they weren't clinging on to me terrified of the hoards of bees, hornets, and wasps.
~Of course we had to spend time at the golf course, so B could get some practice in.  It was nice to be able to go early in the day, rather than rushing around after school.
 b is still not interested in golf, but he l-o-v-e-s playing some Mario Kart 3ds racing in the clubhouse!
~Then, we stayed a few days in Marietta at Aunt Lynn's.  She spoiled us as usual with shopping trips to PGA Superstore, the mall, and more!
The boys "relaxed" in her hot tub.
I am certain we need one of these at Casa de Mann Pool Resort & Spa.  Except it would be one more thing to take care of.
~B played in a wonderful golf tournament at Lake Lanier.... if you like, you can read all about it here.
Sunrise over Lake Lanier
All in all it was a great week and none of us wanted to go back to reality today.  Did I mention there are just 7 weeks left in the school year?  Oh yeah, I did.  See, my mind is going already....

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, that sounds so nice to have a break. We have April vacation here, so I have a week off in a couple more weeks now. I am just like you, the way i let stress get to me during the school year. And I think the same things- why can't I just roll with it and get myself in a good routine that doesn't stress me out? I hope as my kids get older it will be a bit easier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I miss you! We need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring Break - how nice. It should be required that all adults get a spring break, along with nap time every day at work.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...