Monday, February 24, 2014

Miscellany Monday

In celebration of the totally random, most assuredly mundane, recent moments....

{1}  Meet the Parents
If you follow me on any social network, you ave probably heard that my parents were both in the hospital.  My Dad broke his hip at work which required major surgery and hardware to fix.  He is still in a rehab facility and recovering nicely.
My Mother had hand surgery, she had her stitches removed today and is doing well.  She is still living with us since her house was destroyed in the fire.  They are finally finished tearing what was left of her house down.  I need to post a few pictures of that sadness.

{2} Little Golfer
B is back on the U.S. Kids Atlanta Local Tour for the Spring season.  He had his 1st match on Saturday and played with the 8 year olds for the 1st time.  He did well adjusting to the longer yardage, and still finished in the top 5.  
Since he is one of the smallest and youngest, he will have to work hard to regain his position at the top of the leader board.  Saturday, he wasn't that far behind the leaders, and he hung in there the whole match and kept battling along.  He had a few bad breaks that cost him, but he never gave up. When it was over, he rushed to where I was in the golf cart and privately cried his eyes out.  I almost cried with him.

{3} Little b
Little b has finally "broke up" with Spongebob, so to speak. {insert choirs of angels LOUDLY praising the LORD}  If I am being honest, though, I have to admit it is a little sad to see him transition to another phase, growing along.  These boys just grow, grow, grow!  It goes wayyyy too fast.  
What in the world am I going to do with all of his Spongebob "stuff"?  In a way, I am sad to part with it - yes, that dang tacky stuff!!  But since I am really working on letting go of "stuff" again I hope I can pack it and purge.  Which brings me to my next point...

{4} Becoming Minimalist
I just *love* following this page: https://www.facebook.com/becomingminimalist 
As a person who has always had a distorted attachment to things, I need encouragement, perspective, and inspiration.  If you are looking to simplify your life, you should check it out!  I really feel so overwhelmed with all of the things we have to take care of and the things we have to do, it drains me.  Last week, I shared this picture from the page...
and it received much conversation.  We are all too busy, y'all!  We cannot enjoy anything because we are too busy taking care of our mountain of stuff and agonizing over all of the cluttered busy schedules we have that keep us running sun up to sun down.  You know, if I were Satan, and I were looking for a way to keep people distracted from God, I would overwhelm them with things, and to-do lists so they couldn't focus on Him.

{5} Changes
We have been receiving word of big changes at work.  While none of it has been a big surprise, it is still difficult.  Next school year will probably include a major change for me.  I am trying not to dwell or worry about what will happen or where I will end up.  Easier said than done, but, I am really trying to turn it over to Him -  and play Scarlett as per my usual...I won't think about that now, I'll go crazy if I do, I'll think about that tomorrow!  I think it is my right as a Southerner.

{6} No Pressure!
So since I am so good at simplifying my life, and not letting things bother me these days, I am sure that is why when I went to the doctor last week, my blood pressure clocked in at 171/122.  No, that isn't a typo, and yes the nurses freaked out.  My cholesterol is up again too.  Boo!  No surprise, though.  So I really must get focused and get back to taking care of my health.  I started c25k again today.  I really hate running, but I seriously have to lose some weight.

{7} Spring Fever
 I am so sick of this crazy weather and coldness.  Thank GOD it has been warm for the last few days.  So much so, that Spring Fever is really kicking in.  I cannot wait to escape the school schedules, and work nightmare and be free - in the sun - at the beach, even!  B has already been asking me when our beach trip will be, and reminiscing about all of the fun things we have done in years past.  b just hates going to school so much he asks all of the time, "When will it be summer, when will it be our day off?!"  I guess they are like me.  I think some of my most happiest memories from the last few years, and from my whole life, have been from right down in F-L-A.  I cannot believe it has been 3 years since this photo was taken.
That was a wonderful trip.  B had the best time surfing the waves that year, and b was still in pull-ups.  T didn't know she had cancer yet.  I had not had my hysterectomy.  Nanny was still alive. 
Oh summer break, come with the quickness!

2 comments:

  1. You do have a lot going on but that bp is out of control! Be careful with that!! I went to the Dr awhile back & the nurse freaked out because my bp was 100/50. Totally normal for me but she kept asking if I was going to pass out. I swear by the time the Dr. came in the nurse had me convinced I was on death's door.We have a beach trip planned for May & I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your parents are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...