Saturday, December 7, 2013

Kerri Sunshine and other Oxymorons

After blogging for six years under the "Oh Mann!" umbrella, you may have noticed that I have made a little change.  Six years ago, "Oh Mann!  My life is so different now, but I love it!" was very fitting for that time in my life.  That was the time when I went from being a carefree adult to a married mom.  It was a crazy new experience for me in those days.  But, I am settled into this life now, and so I have been thinking of changing it up for a while.

When I was a little girl, my grandmother, Nanny, would always wake me up with music in her voice as she said,
"Good morning merry sunshine, how are you today?"
It made me angry.  I was never a morning person.  
Back then, there was never anything "merry" about Kerri in the morning.  I later became a morning person after meeting the Canadian.  I had no choice.  The man doesn't sleep.

So, anyway, I was thinking... as I have evolved in this working mom madness that has become my life, my blog has become a little like Kerri Sunshine, a combination of a melancholy mood in the mundane, mixed in with a sincerely joyful outlook on the adventure of life.  Which is rather fitting, since thanks to the Canadian, I genuinely became an oxymoron, as Mrs. Mann.
So welcome to Kerri Sunshine! 
I hope you'll stay with me on this adventure, as I find my place in the sun.

From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised. 
~Psalm 113:3


3 comments:

  1. I love it! And the new look is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new name!! My dad is a morning person & it totally annoys the crap out of me. Dean is an anytime of the day person & loves to tell me "good morning sunshine". He thinks it's the funniest thing ever. Needless to say I'm not a morning person. I'm not really a night person either. I'm a person that needs sleep & if I don't get it I'm grumpy.....

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...