Saturday, December 14, 2013

A week ago today...

A fire started at my Mother's home
and was put out
Later, it started again
and was put out again
And from the front it doesn't look so bad
 But step inside
and the truth is revealed
 in black and  white
And from the back
there are rooms missing
 and memories gone
and the disintegrated remains of appliances and furniture
and of a tub and shower completely melted
and all that is left
 in an unsalvageable mess.

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
    for the Lord has anointed me
    to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
    and to proclaim that captives will be released
    and prisoners will be freed.
2He has sent me to tell those who mourn
    that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,
    and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.
To all who mourn in Israel,
    he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
    festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
    that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
They will rebuild the ancient ruins,
    repairing cities destroyed long ago.

~Isaiah 61:1-4

4 comments:

  1. Kerri, this is terrible. I'm so sorry. Your mom got out okay? Was she home? How scary. What a monumental task to start over with literally nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure which picture is most sobering, the open walls or the empty frames? Wow. Still can't believe this happened to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible. I am glad she is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awful! I'm so sorry. There weren't any injuries were there?

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...