Sunday, July 28, 2013

Welcome to World {US Kids Golf World Championship}

We made it!
This week, I am going to attempt to blog from Pinehurst, North Carolina, as we are with Brodie at the U.S. Kids World Golf Championship.  I have no idea if I will actually be able to keep up, as our schedule could get crazy!!
Today, Brodie had a quiet practice at the Pine Needles facility, where he met a new friend from India, Shubham Jaglan.  I googled this kid, and he is the son of a dairy farmer who taught himself to golf by watching youtube videos.  Apparently his government now supports his golf, and he has even met and played with various PGA players.  This is a cute old clip I found of him.
Later, in the gameroom of the Mid-Pines Inn, Brodie met Augustin Valery from Paris, France, and Caleb George from South Africa.  It appears as though Caleb's government helps him play as well.  Augustin was featured in the documentary The Short Game which was filmed here last year.  
Brodie is keeping a list of all of the different people he meets and the countries they are from.
All in all - pretty cool!
Blayd has been keeping himself busy as well!  He spent some time in the gameroom playing me in pool,  Foosball,  and then he designed a game of his own called something I can't even remember right now - too tired. 
But of course his favorite thing was having the public computer all to himself so he could work on his ongoing obsessive-compulsive Spongebob video research.
Yes, Spongebob still annoys me and uses words we don't use.  I don't know why I always feel the need to add that disclaimer.  I feel like some people probably judge me on the whole Spongebob thing, but it is one of the battles I choose "not to pick" from time to time.
Both boys have enjoyed romping around the Mid-Pines Innan old historic place, built in 1921.  It is rather like a maze of corridors and staircases, with circular walls and hallways.  I hope to get to share more about it this week. 
I told the boys I was sure their were ghosts and so they should not yell and run about so as not to wake them (haha).   The minute I said this, the Canadian freaked out and said, "Don't SAY that!  That is the first thing I thought of when we came in this place!"  It does have an eerie old creepy charm.  Something about it makes me thing of The Shining.  Isn't that a pleasant thought??  haha
I am not sure whether or not I believe in ghosts.  Well, if I am being honest, I kinda always have.  But one thing my Mother always told me still rings true, why be afraid of ghosts that can't really harm you - it's the live people you have to worry about!  ha!  I suppose she meant that to be comforting to my young, overactive mind.
I can certainly say I have lived long enough now to see and experience certain episodes of severe pain.  Ongoing pain. Deep down pain.  The kind you only bleed from on the inside, or at least it certainly feels like you must certainly be bleeding, because nothing can hurt that bad without bloodshed.  And there have been no ghosts involved.  In my life, this kind of pain is always caused by live people, and sadly usually inflicted by the ones we love most.
Good night friends.


2 comments:

  1. That is amazing that Brodie has had the chance to meet new friends from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that Brodie gets to participate in this. The place looks nice.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...