Monday, July 1, 2013

So Long, Old Friend! {RIP Google Reader} #GoogleReader #RIPReader

For years now, I have used Google Reader to organize the blogs I follow, along with my other RSS reads.  It has been great!  Streamlined, in sync with my Google account, synced with my phone, yes, bliss. 
Today, Google Reader is shutting 
d
o
w
n.
Mr. Google, quit ruining my life!
What did I ever do to you?
I never once complained.
with the exception of being unable to comment through Reader directly to the blog
I even taught classes on Google Reader to encourage other users.
Now what am I going to do?
Where, and how will I organize my blogs?
I haven't found a new option I like yet!
Arggh!
Logging in to Google Reader, was like walking in to the coffee shop, to meet up with my blogging friends and see what everyone was up to.
Now I feel like I don't know where y'all are!
Am I being a tad bit dramatic?  Okay, maybe, but, you know, there were many life events I came specifically to read about.  It was almost as if some things had not happened yet, until I read them in my Reader feed.
In reader, we went through many major life events together...holidays, birthdays, vacations, child births, deaths, earthquakes, and more!  It wasn't just recipes, crafting, and fashion for Heaven's sake!
But now, that time is gone.  And I will have to figure something else out.  And in the mean time, I will commiserate with others worldwide, who share in this great loss and time of mourning.
Don't believe me?  click here






4 comments:

  1. I switched to Bloglovin & LOVE IT!! I think it's better than Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why they shut it down. It was so popular. Anyway, I am using The Old Reader (basically, a knockoff of Google Reader- has a similar setup and interface). www.theoldreader.com. I did not like Bloglovin, but maybe I should give it another chance. I can't stand the word "bloglovin". It's an icky word. Right up there with "moist".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this post supposed to make me giggle? Because it did. I do love someone as dramatic as me. And I don't even know what to suggest. I'm going to check out Bloglovin since Traci mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great post which of course was helped by my blog being in the screen shot. I switched to Bloglovin and like it but no where as easy as Reader.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...