Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Go Time {US Kids Golf World Championship}

Well, practice time is over and round one begins in the morning.  Brodie is sacked out.  He and a pack of kids from all over the world have literally ran themselves to death ALL over this inn.  They played hide-n-seek, chase, pool, ping-pong, etc.  They are having such a good time!
His official practice round went well this morning, and he played with kids from the UK and Wyoming.  He is as ready as he can be for tomorrow!  
His tee time is at 1:30 for Round One. We are a little bummed that a torrential downpour has started.  Don't get me wrong, Brodie plays very well in the rain and in messy conditions, however, when you are in a "lift-clean-and-place" situation, some caddies will take lots of liberties.  We are just praying for the best!
Now is the time when I start to feel SAD and SICK.  My heart just hurts for Brodie.  We have tried to explain that our goal is for him to do his best, hopefully finish in the top half of the leaderboard, etc., but deep down I know how bad he wants to win.  It is such a hard thing.  You don't want to crush your kid's hopes and tell him there really is no chance to win, but at the same time, you know the hurt that lays ahead when it all comes to pass and he sees for himself that he isn't going to win.  AGONY.
Tonight, it is my prayer that Brodie will play his best game.  I pray that he will be satisfied with his performance.  I pray that the rain holds off and conditions stay playable.  I pray that everyone plays fair.  I ask that the LORD would give the Canadian the right words to use and good judgement in caddying, and I pray that He will give me the right words to say to help Brodie through the disappointments to come.  In all circumstances, I give thanks for this wonderful time and experience and I trust that He will make ALL things work together for Brodie's good. 
Amen.
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good
of those who love Him and are called according to his purpose for them.
~Romans 8:28


3 comments:

  1. He already looks like a little pro golfer- so cute! I always want the same thing...for my son to play his best and for him to be happy with the way he played. There can't be too much disappointment if you play your best.
    Good Luck Brodie....and have FUN out there today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like y'all are having a great time. Good luck to Brodie!!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...