Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sometimes You See It, Even in #DuckDynasty

I have only recently become a Duck Dynasty fan.  At first, I didn't get it, but now it is HIGHlarious.  It is a nice "break" from the stressful world I spin in and always cheers me up.  I think my Louisiana blog friend, Traci, has said something similar.  Side note:  She is a huge LSU fan, but I love her and her blog anyway!

Last week, I was watching a re-run of the "Ring Around the Redneck" episode of Jase and his wedding ring drama.  He is one of my favorites.  I love his quirky sense of humor and it reminds me of an old friend I don't get to see anymore.

Anyway, something in that episode has stuck in my mind and reappeared periodically ever since.  There is a point in the episode where he is buying a wedding ring to please his wife, and he quietly says, "Are you happy now?" and then his wife says, "yes", and pulls him in for a kiss. 

At first glance, there is nothing earth shaking about this scene, no Hollywood-perfected looks, no glamour, nothing particularly romantic or mushy, but I have always been inherently perceptive, and I caught something...I saw something.

Right there in that split second, in his eyes, I saw the love he has for his wife.  And it is real.  It's the deep down kind.

It's funny how a little thing like that can really stick with you for days.

3 comments:

  1. Hehe! Thanks for the shout out! You're right, it doesn't matter what kind of mood I'm in, when I watch DD I laugh! They truly love each other so much & that makes me happy happy happy to see on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree no matter how bad you are feeling Duck Dynasty will give you a good belly laugh. Even if you have seen the episode multiple times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jase is my favorite! (Si is Libby's favorite.) His dry one-liners tickle me. I do love the guys for loving their wives. And they love their families. Both loves come from loving the Lord and being thankful for what they have. I hope they continue to be a great example to us all!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...