Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Must Learn Balance

Suddenly it occurs to me, while watching the Karate Kid...
Mr. Miyagi was right.
"Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up, go home. Understand?"
But where can I learn balance?  I think I'm getting too old to learn new tricks. haha
"No offense, Mr. Miyaji, but I don't think you understand my problem..."
Last spring, I didn't let B invite his friend over because the house was such a wreck.
Today it occurs to me, it is almost a year later, and the house is still a wreck.
Laundry abounds.
Yard is embarrassing.
Dishes sit while homework gets done.
Even the car is disgusting.
"Wax on... wax off. Wax on... wax off."
So much to be done.
And people in this house want groceries and better meals.
And clean clothes. 
And to have friends over.
But, I just can't balance it all.
"What'sa matter, you some kind of coward or something?"
And selfishly, I want quiet time.
Study time.
Work out time.
But, I'm starting not to care.
yikes
"I tell you what Miyagi think! I think you *dance around* too much! I think you *talk* too much! I think you not concentrate enough! Lots of work to be done!"
Mr. Miyagi is probably right.
I closed out one of my grandmother's accounts today.  Cried at the counter.
I have several friends with very sick children and family members right now.
I have several friends with serious medical issues right now. 
"Lesson not just karate only. Lesson for whole life. Whole life have a balance. Everything be better. Understand?"
My worries are NOTHING.  nothing.  seriously, nothing.
"Go, find balance."
"Banzai!"


6 comments:

  1. Ah, so many life lessons found in the karate kid :) I have almost come to terms with the fact that the house will just have to be messy while the kids are young...and to heck with it! *Almost*, I said :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great movie with awesome life lessons. The biggest problem is actually listening & letting go. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love this! It is so hard to find that balance, but letting things lie and accepting them as they are definitely plays a big role, I think. And keeping the big picture in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I KNOW I need some balance in my life. Work, kids, exercise, husband,clean, church, read, sleep, friends...someone stop the madness! I think it's something ALL moms (working or not) feel on a daily basis. But you're right, focusing on bigger problems makes our day-to-day tasks seem not so bad after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hugs! I know you need that after dealing with the bank. Finding balance isn't an easy thing I have had major issues with that since going back to school. I have been working hard at letting go of stressing myself about getting chores done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Searching for some balance right now myself. Seems like all I can keep up with is laundry and groceries...and not always even good at that! I'm ready for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...