Thursday, March 7, 2013

After School Conversations & Sardines


I've had some interesting after school conversations with my first grader this week...

Brodie (very serious), "There's a girl in my friend's class who has cancer.  She wears a wig."
Me (trying to maintain composure and hide the sudden stabbing pain in my soul), "Oh I am sorry to hear that.  I hope the students are kind to her about it."
He looked thoughtful for a minute, then sweetly said, "It's a pretty wig, Mommy."
I hid my tears.


and another...


"Mommy, I want to sleep in my room, but I keep having bad dreams.  What if a robber breaks in our house to kill us".
"Well, I think your Daddy would beat that robber to a pulp before he had a chance."
"But what if he couldn't and the robber killed Daddy?  Are there golf courses in heaven?"

SIGH.

And of course he was back in our bed that night.  
Where we all usually end up.
Packed up like sardines.
And it is pretty uncomfortable, and I often complain.
But in the grand scheme of things, it's not so bad.  
And all things considered, we are very blessed. 

4 comments:

  1. Ouch, really tough questions! I would have a hard time answering and keeping it together! But on a better note, I love the picture of your bed. I'm sure it is uncomfortable, but it is so sweet...I especially love that the dog is right there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the dog is in the mix, too! :) And yes, those are tough questions/thoughts. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing. I hate that kids even thinkg about stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing the things kids so young have to be exposed to, and the things they think about. Hurts us as adults to see it, but in the end it's healthy for them to be exposed to fears and negatives in life since it will help them as adults. He is such a sweet little guy :).

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...