Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Trying to Be Thankful

I have been making a real effort to focus on Thankfulness this month.
If I am being honest, I have to tell you it has been hard.
I knew that the holidays without Nanny would be sad, but I didn't realize they would be SAD.
The closer we get to Thanksgiving, the clearer that becomes.
The finality and absence are sharp.  Painful.
I don't want to go to our family Thanksgiving on Thursday, which is weird, since it has always been one of my favorite gatherings.
A friend just posted this tonight - love it!
And there are other things too.
LOTS of other things.
Many, many stressful issues, and BIG changes for our family.
But, I won't tell you about any of them.
Remember my Manifesto for Joy?
As a result of that little declaration, I am having a hard time blogging these days.
That, and my scattered mind.
And ridiculous schedule.
Blah!
source
Enough of that!
I am beyond thrilled to be out of school/work on Thanksgiving holidays.
Beyond.  Thrilled.
And, I do wish all of my bloggy friends a Happy Thanksgiving!  
I hope you have a wonderful holiday with those you love.
source




3 comments:

  1. I hope everything is ok. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...