Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

As I sat in the recliner this evening,
Looking out the window
It occurred to me that I had never been so happy to see a sunset in my life.
Thanksgiving Day was over.
We made it.
Without Nanny.
I just wanted to take a bath and go to bed.
But the boys were still wound up.
They'd had a blast with the cousins.
Which is what made me glad I had taken them to our family Thanksgiving dinner.
B said it was a GREAT day, and that he was so thankful.
I asked him if he was saying he was thankful for his cousins.
He looked thoughtful and said he was so thankful for everything.
Funny how a day playing with family, 
And just romping around the yard
Can fill you with such joy and gratitude.
I do remember those days well.
And I am thankful for all of those wonderful times 
And all of the fun Thanksgivings.
And I hope there will be more in the future
And even though I wasn't "feeling it" this year, 
Maybe that hope is what helped me 
Muster up the energy,
And put on my "big girl" pants,
and my Nanny's scarf
and go.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can learn so much from the kids. Just think how much easier life would be if we were just thankful for hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made it over the first hurdle. And your kids had fun. That's reason enough to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...