Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This and That In My Rambling Mind

{Ramble One}
I have studied Isaiah 61 several times, but always in the context of what the LORD would do for me.  This Sunday, the pastor indicated that this is what we should do for others.  How could that have never occurred to me?? Oops! Duh! ;) Ha Ha, there I go being selfish again!
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me(are you sure LORD? )
    because the Lord has anointed me (Seriously, me?!)
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, (even when I am broken, too?)
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners, (even when I am incarcerated, too?)
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes, (deep in the ashes over here, LORD, you sure you mean me?)
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise (even when I have nothing fun to wear?!)
    instead of a spirit of despair. (even when I am in despair?)
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor. (all for His Glory, Amen)

Still mulling it all over, as I always do.
But, in a word, Convicted.


{Rambling on...Two}
Handling my Grandmother's estate is, in a word... WHACK.  I beg insurance companies to send forms, they take forever, as in WEEKS, but then finally send documents and then because I didn't respond to them in 5 days, they had the NERVE to send me letters asking if I was working on them - which I was, but seriously?
One insurance company, (who I had reported her death to, and who I was waiting impatiently for them to send me the forms) sent my deceased grandmother a letter stating that they had not received her payment, due to "account holder being deceased" and didn't she want to get her account current....seriously?
Still makes my stomach burn with emptiness a little when I pass by the road to her house, but we are doing better.  

{Rambling on...Three}
Dates, dates, dates.  sigh.
The Canadian and I have been married for 7 years today.  We did not celebrate.
Election day coming up.  Sick. Of. Politics.  but please vote y'all
Who in the world can believe we have 12 weeks until Christmas???

{Rambling on...Four}
Been trying to revive my gratitude journal.  It is helping, I think.  I heard something last week suggesting that you should not only write what you are grateful for that happened that day, but also things you are grateful to look forward to the next day.  Then, you should wake up and read those "looking forward to" statements to set the tone for the day.  I am going to try that, but it is hard when you have a negative internal voice that says, "Don't count on it, it probably won't work out".


{Rambling on...Five}
I have the best little boys in the world.  I am SO blessed.  I look at them every morning and praise God for them and beg for his help in raising them.
What's rambling through your mind this week?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! 7 years is a long time with someone ...honestly I can't remember if we celebrated 7 either...I had to beg to celebrate number 10! My mind has also been rambling a lot, mostly around the ideas of trying to sell our house, trying to buy another house that is a short sale and thus a huge ordeal, etc.! Miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!
    I totally agree with politics

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...