Sunday, October 21, 2012

Continued Funk or No....A Manifesto

Thanks, friends, for your encouragement.  Since my last post I received several comments, messages, and texts concerning my funk.  I have been in prayer since that horrible "wallowing" and I feel some better.

{to insert dramatic music click here}
Continued funk or no, I declare that I am done with it here on the blog.  I spent some time this weekend, looking through the last five years of posts here, and I don't want to get caught in a loop of misery. 

Even though my circumstances aren't likely to change anytime soon, my focus can.
I choose to focus on the silly, happy, mundane moments that bring joy in the everyday madness of our lives at Casa de Mann. 

In changing my focus, I am taking a bit of a break from facebook, too. Facebook is not a good place for a person who is struggling with comparison, envy, and self-loathing.
Please know, although I am retreating to the lighthearted, scrapbook posts, which were my real purpose in blogging in the first place, I do not intend to be "fake", for if you know me, you know I am completely authentic, if nothing else.
I am simply making a determined effort to seek and share joy.
God bless, friends!

Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength! ~Nehemiah 8:10



1 comment:

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...