Friday, August 31, 2012

Melancholy Mood

I had never really noticed, until I typed the title of this post, that the word "holy" is in the word "melancholy".  
Personally, I don't think there is anything holy about it.
But it is what it is.
And right now, it is what I am.
I finished my first week back at work since Nanny's death.  
Life goes on.
I should have been back to work last week, but I (along with several others in the family) caught a flu virus and it kept me out of work for almost all of last week.  102 degree temperature-daily, body ache, loss of appetite, shot my blood pressure up to 144/118.  All of that on top of a major allergic rash/hives from cleaning out dusty closets at my grandmother's.  
It was super fun.  
Thankfully, shots, steroids, antibiotics, and antihistamines, finally did the trick.  Now all I have left is this horrible cough and congestion.
So I went back to work this week.  And so did my Aunt Les.
And my Aunt Lynn finally went home this week, too.
And we locked up Nanny's house for good, it seems.  
It is pretty much empty now.
The boys have been staying with my Mom this week, trying to find a new routine with her.  
And we are moving forward.
But all I keep thinking is for the first time in my life, I am glad summer is over.
And I want it to rain and rain and rain.
And I want to curl up in a ball on the couch for days.
Or head straight to the coast.
Even when Hurricane Isaac was coming last week, 
I felt a strong urge to drive right to the beach and stand there in it, 
With the storm raging around me and the wind blowing wildly through my hair.
source


3 comments:

  1. HUGS!! I am sorry y'all were sick but so happy everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri, yuck! Been thinking about you...hope you are on the mend (physically, emotionally) and the boys are able to get a new routine going...I know that helps so much in the day to day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this week was better. Sending hugs & prayers your way friend!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...