Saturday, August 18, 2012

80s Music Flashback {Edge of Heaven} {Lost 80s Hit}

**We interrupt this time of mourning, for a deeply needed 80s music flashback**

I haven't done an 80s Music Flashback post in a lonnnggggg time.  My mind is scrambled otherwise, and I've missed them, so here we go!
Source, Source

Edge of Heaven
WHAM!
Flashback:  1986, I was 13.  Good Lord, what I wouldn't give to tell that girl.

Flash Forward: I haven't heard this song in years, until this morning.  It streamed on 80s on 8 during my morning crying jag.  It was strangely comforting.  I love how music can blast you faster than the speed of sound back to a happier place in time.  I smiled and sang along.  Loudly.

Favorite Lyric/Part:
You take me to the edge of heaven
tell me that my soul's forgiven
hide your baby's eyes and we can
you take me to the edge of heaven
one last time might be forever

Interesting Facts:  This was Wham!'s attempt at moving toward more of an adult market.  I guess songs like "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" appealed to a younger demographic.  Of course we all know George Michael eventually got his adult raunchy on with his scandalous solo "I Want Your Sex".

Video:  Watch it here.  Super fun and full of energy.  This looks like it was filmed during their glory days.  Wonder if they knew it back then.  This was their last UK #1 together before they broke up.
 
Did you live in the 80s?  What was your favorite Wham! song?


2 comments:

  1. I don't remember this song for some reason. What's funny is our friend that was killed in a car wreck 7 years ago always had a George Michael CD in his car & we used to laugh & make fun of him. Here was this hot 20 something with THAT in his car. Every time I hear a Wham/ George Michael song it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...