Sunday, July 29, 2012

Have Less, Live More

Last week, I started each day like this...

On the upstairs master bedroom porch at the beach house where we were vacationing.
It was so wonderful to be up early enough to see the sun rise.
Even better, it was so nice to have my quiet time to study the Word each morning.
Before the kids and the Canadian were up.
Just me and the LORD.
Is that corny?
I don't care if it is.
I enjoyed the same luxury last summer while we were on vacation.
Why is it that I can do this so easily while on vacation, but not at home?
At home, the kids are up earlier, because they are in bed earlier.
We let them stay up late at the beach.
At home, I wake up and get busy starting the 9 million things we have to get done.
At home, there is more laundry to get started.
At home, there is a schedule to keep.
At home, the worries are so prevalent.
They fog my mind, and hinder my focus.
I want to live like I do on vacation.
I want to spend the time I have focused on my children, and not my stuff.
I want to have less and live more.

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. ~ Philippians 4


3 comments:

  1. Those mornings sound so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something about the beach...every morning while there I actually get up and run (I hate running, but have found it is a necessary evil). Do I do this at home? No! I'm going to try bringing a bible study next time - my kids sleep in much later while there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how peaceful that was. Friday when I was off I had breakfast out by the pool after I ran & read my daily reading of the Bible & it was just so different than sitting in the house reading before work. It was peaceful, I wasn't in a hurry. I really need to take the time to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...