Thursday, July 12, 2012

H is for Holidays {Canada Day} {July 4th} {Alphabe-Thursday}

It's Alphabe-Thursday and I am linking up with Mrs. Jenny!


So far in July we have had 2 holidays, Canada Day and Independence Day.  As an "Internationally Mixed" family [half Canadian, half American] we celebrate both!

Our resident Canadian was "on holiday" in Canada on Canada Day this year, celebrating with his buddies, but Uncle Dan made sure our little "half-Canucks" got a chance to celebrate.
He took Brodie shopping for fireworks.
They loved them!  
As soon as the fuse was lit, Blayd would jump up and down screaming,
"THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART!!!!"
Brodie was just as excited and felt so big as Uncle Dan allowed him to "help" light a few.
He also proudly wore his Canadian hat and should the police arrive, he had a plan in place to tell them we were celebrating Canada Day because he was half Canadian.


By July 4th, which is also the Canadian's birthday, he was back in town and we spent all day by the pool at my Dad's.
It was your typical blistering Southern Fare.
The long day in the heat didn't stop them from heading back to my Mother's house for more fireworks with Uncle Dan.
We had a great view!
And lots of fireworks to shoot!
Uncle Dan said, "Never give a 6 year old carte blanche at a fireworks outlet."
We launched a Chinese Lantern, too...
B and b were super tired from the long day, but still enjoyed every boom and blast.


I, on the other hand, got an ember in the eye and burned a blister on my eyeball.  
It was windy and I was not paying attention because I was staring upward with my camera.  SIGH
But, regardless of almost losing an eye, I loved having our own private fireworks show with no crowd and no chaos.

H is for Holidays
Jenny Matlock

12 comments:

  1. Ouchie!! Glad that it wasn't any worse than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fireworks events in less than a week--your boys must have been ecstatic.

    About your eye--yikes! I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! My guy loves fireworks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great celebrations! Looks like you all had a wonderful Canada Day and July 4th...except for the sparks in your eyes!

    Cute boys! And my hubby's younger sister is also born on the 4th of July...when she was little, she thought the fireworks were all done for her birthday. :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I hope your eye is okay!

    I'm part Canadian, too. :)

    It looks like you had some wonderful celebrations. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear - that's not good! I did that once, looking up at my flaming marshmallow on a stick. It hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to spend both holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are ok! Ouch! Great shots here and always a joy being with the phamily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by the Simple Life. I enjoyed hearing about your holidays. Sorry about your eye. It brought back memories of fireworks on our street when I was growing up. Fireworks are illegal where we live due to fire dangers, but I only miss the sparklers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT POST:)
    I really like your blog and I want to follow, do you have twitter or facebook??

    If you want some Swedish décor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)

    Have a great week

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! Are you ok?? That would've completed freaked me out. My eyes are terrible & I'm always scared to death of something happening & not being able to wear contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In the eye!?!

    Oh no!

    That sounds so painful.

    I hope you're okay now!

    I like the idea of the lantern. I've not seen those before!

    Thanks for a fun link for the letter 'h' and for sharing your handsome family with us.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...