Saturday, June 30, 2012

This and That - Goodbye June! {Slow Down Summer}

What would summer be without a lemonade stand?  A few days ago while visiting my grandmother (she's not doing well these days), Blayd made a sign and got right to work.
Not to be outdone, Brodie started one as well.  They were developing their own formula and trying to make lots of money.
Even with the competition being so close, they each made a strong profit....and a pretty good mess, too!
My Aunt Les & Uncle Dan are here visiting with my grandmother and the family, so they had plenty of customers!  Speaking of Les & Dan, today is their 34th anniversary!
They are the coolest couple and truly in love after all of these years. Very inspiring! :)  
My Mother and Aunt Lynn spent a LOT of time cleaning out my grandmother's house before they got here.  It was needed, but it makes me a little sad.  It's like we are slowly but surely closing up shop.  
I really have no idea how I am going to explain all of this to the boys.  So much of our lives have been wrapped up in that house.  But in true Southern fashion, "I won't think about that now, I'll think about that tomorrow."
At Casa de Mann, we have been spending most of out time out doors.  I don't know where Blayd is getting this from, but he says he needs to  "take a rest" and puts a magazine over his face and lounges on the swing.  I am sure he saw it 0n some show.
I put a rug out on the back patio, and we have a small tv out there - yeah, I know - I would rather not have one out there at all, but there are a few shows they like to watch and they want to be outside.  Thankfully, we don't watch much tv these days and that has been fine with me!
We spend time in the evenings playing board games, and we have put together several puzzles this summer.  Is that old fashioned?  I don't care if it is!  I can't remember a summer in my whole life that didn't include board games and puzzles.
Blayd plays with us some, but he would rather be out playing with his boats.  This summer he has been pretty attached to his little boats, plastic fishing poles, and fish, and he tells me he is Pirate Captain Mack.
When he is not in his pirate mode, he is a "fisherman" and tells me he needs his "fishing hat, fishing boots, and fishing shirt".
Thank goodness he got to go fishing "for real" this summer!  We need to take him again soon.  Unlike Brodie, he is not interested in any sports, but he is interested in fishing.
And they both like swimming.  Brodie went on a diving expedition in our pool this afternoon, and this is what he found...
Yep, since our backyard has become golf practice central, many end up in the pool.  Notice the names on a few of these? B labels them with PGA golfers and then plays out scenarios in the yard.
Whew!  What a random post this has been!  How about one more note...
Remember our "new venture" Goga?  Here is my latest update & weigh-in report - with embarrassing pictures - click here.  Sometimes I wonder how I get myself into these things...
Can you believe June is over???!  Slow down Summer!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like y'all are having a summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe June is over. It's crazy how fast time is going. It looks like y'all are having a great summer. The kids are so cute. I'm so sorry about your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the boys deliver their lemonade? I'll take a case if so! Can you believe how hot it's been? Yuck! And I'm with you, I can't believe June is gone. Hang to to summer as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help but smile with the "lemon stand" thing the little boys had created because i do play the same when i was still a youngster. You know what this play teaches kids about saving and wealth management at their young age.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...