Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Miscellany Monday....on Tuesday! {Minutes} {Goga} {Shutterfly} {MyChurch}

{one}
Oh how the weeks just fly by these days.  I just can't seem to find time for everything.  Over the last few weeks, our church has been having an AWESOME message series on how we spend our time.  It has been really resonating with me.  If you want to check out the "Minutes" series, you can go here or look for MyChurch in iTunes.


One thing that really hit me this week is that our society actually makes you feel bad for relaxing!  If you aren't going 90-to-nothing and working like a fiend, then "they" say you just aren't putting forth enough effort.  God gave us the Sabbath rest for a purpose.  We need it.  It is critical for our mind/body/soul.


I struggle with this all of the time.  I feel guilty if I sit down and [try to] relax.  I think of all of the things I should be doing instead.
{two}
Now that I have lost 15 inches in our new Whole Body Vibration studio blogged here, I have decided to clean up my eating - again.  I went back to Weight Watchers last Thursday.  I am finally growing accustomed to the Points Plus changes.  

{three}
Speaking of blog friends, my friend, Sarahwas kind enough to pass along this blog award to me.  She is a New Englander and such an awesome Mom!  She is also one of the most organized people, and a vegan!  Check out her blog and her cute babies!  I am supposed to  and share 5 random facts about myself....[(1) avid JAWS fan, (2) 80s music freak, (3) serious moongazer, (4) vingear & salt chips, please(5) make it sweet tea, or nothing! ]
... AND pass it along to 5 friends, so cheers to Traci, Beth, Ruth, Kerri, and Brooke!

{four}

Mother's Day is coming up.  I made all of the Moms in our life a card on Shutterfly!  I LOVE their cards...so very cute, and so much better than a generic card from the store.  I love the fact that they mail them for you, too!

{five}
Remember how wonderful I said our MyChurch Easter Service was?  Check out this quick video to see for yourself...Little b even made the highlight reel - ha!  Click here  I seriously cry every time I watch it.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, now I want salt and vinegar chips. I agree about the relaxing thing. Why do we have to feel guilty about resting or doing something we enjoy? I think it's a woman thing too. My husband definitely doesn't feel guilty about sitting down and relaxing while I'm with the kids, but I always feel guilty taking time for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on the inches!! I know what you mean about relaxing. I feel guilty too. Of course I don't let that stop me!HAHAHA! I'll be thinking about those 5 things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for thinking of me and passing on the award...you are much too kind! Congrats on the 15 inches- thats awesome! I sure wish we had one of those fancy places near us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go with losing the inches.
    And thanks os much for the award. I need to get on blogging about it an the others I have gotten recently. I have been terrible.

    I hope you have a very wonderful Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...