Sunday, April 1, 2012

Palm Sunday {Holy Week!} {Spring Break!}

It was a great one!
The boys and I started the day at MyChurch.
The Canadian was away for the weekend at a hockey tournament.
Afterward, we attempted lunch at the Red Lobster, but had to get it to go.
b was NOT feeling it!
So we came home and worked on our Spring Break mural.
The boys are super excited to be off this week!
I need to work on the weeds landscaping and get things going for Spring.

 We are quickly falling right back in to our warm weather routines.
 b got busy drawing his best Spongebob scenes. 
Thank goodness we have not watched that show in over a month. 
side note: b is still not a huge fan of clothes.
Considering he is only 4, we think he puts a lot of details in his drawings.
He might have had a meltdown or three when we accidentally stepped on his work.
 B loved the new floats with built-in water guns!
I was thrilled they actually work.  So many of these inflatables are crap, but not these.
b wasn't feeling it, though.
I hope he gets over it soon
so I don't have to spend all spring/summer having water gun wars with B!
********************
We are having a "stay-cation" for Spring Break [again] this year.  
Many of my friends are at the beach.
really wish we were, too, but at least this year I am not angry about it.
I enjoy seeing my facebook friends at the beach and I am happy for them.
This time of "sifting" has taught me so much.
Mainly, I have truly developed an appreciation for what is really important.
My family, our health, the people we love....those are the things that really matter.
And most important of all, 
this week 
I am reminded that over 2,000 years ago, a man rode in to Jerusalem 
to begin his journey to the cross.
For me.
And for you.
And what could be more important than that?
6 The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt and placed their cloaks on them for Jesus to sit on. 8 A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9 The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,

“Hosanna to the Son of David!”
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
“Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
10 When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, “Who is this?”
11 The crowds answered, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”


~Matthew 21

So I am off to enjoy this most Holiest of weeks and Spring Break, too!!
Peace out y'all!!

5 comments:

  1. He is a great artist for a 4-year-old! Have a great vacation week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I laughed that b is still the nudist at the pool!

    You have a great attitude about your "stay-cation". At least you get a week off and time to enjoy the awesome weather. The college has a break, but staff doesn't get it! Talk about trying not to have a bad attitude about that. I have to work through it every year. But I'll be off for three months when the baby comes, so it didn't bother me too badly this year.

    Swim a lap for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some great artists in your family.
    At least b is in the backyard naked. My brother would strip down and run around playing in the front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mural is great!! I hope y'all have a wonderful spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your spring break mural...and I see someone else in the family takes after you too! Very impressive spongebob drawings! (and chalk is hard to draw with, I think!)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...