Friday, January 27, 2012

Let's Eat Y'all! {White Chicken Chili}

I have been wanting to try a white chicken chili recipe for a while.  A facebook friend (Thanks, Tara!) posted this one and I gave it a whirl - it was great!  
I have made it several times as directed below and in the CrockPot as well.
White Chicken Chili:
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp olive oil
1 minced garlic glove
1/2 cup sweet onions, chopped {I don't use the onions}
1 can white corn ( drained ) 
1 4oz can green chilies ( undrained )
2-3 tbsp lime juice {I used fresh limes}
1 can great nothern beans ( undrained )
shredded monterey jack cheese to garnish

Tara's Directions
In large pot combine broth, cumin, lemon pepper and olive oil bring to boil. Add chicken and cook on medium until chicken is done around 25 mins. Remove chicken cut into bite size pcs, return to pot. Add garlic, onion, chilies, lime juice and beans. Return to boil. Let simmer for 45 mins. Pour into bowl and sprinkle w/ cheese. I usually make cornbread to serve w/ this!  
{I serve mine with multi-grain tostitos and sourcream}


find more recipes here...


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. YUM! I can't wait to try this! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great and i have almost everything already in my pantry!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm hungry and this just sent me over the edge! ;) So if I prepare in the crock pot do I put all ingredients in at the same time, including raw chicken, and cook all day?

    You know I love depend on crock pot recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had White Chicken Chili before but maybe it's time to give it try. This sounds really good. Coming over from FFP and Hines-Sight Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up with us today. I've never made white chili either, but I definitely want to try it. I bet putting it in the crockpot would be great. I do a lot of crockpot cooking on Tuesdays to do our schedule. This may be on the menu next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how did you know that i was searching for this recipe a few days ago?! you've got my back. thanks girl! can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds really good! I hadn't heard of white chili before. Hope y'all had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate that I'm reading this before lunch and all I have is salad:(

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...