Monday, December 19, 2011

Miscellany Monday {Cowboy hats} {Santa} {Elves} {Krystals}

Twas the Monday before Christmas....here are the miscellaneous thoughts running through my head!

{1}

The Canadian made it back from being in Texas for a week.  What a horrible week for him to be away, as it was my first week back to work, but we survived.  As you can see, he brought the boys hats!




{2}
I took the boys to see Santa on Friday.  Blayd actually went up there - I was shocked!  He told Santa he wanted "Spongebob, and Spongebob, and Spongebob."  Y'all know I don't like that yellow fellow, but b still does.  This whole season he has asked for a "Spongebob that blows bubbleas and a Plankton that is bigger."

{3}
 Brodie read Santa his list and threw in a wild card on me.  I had limited the boys to 5 items from Santa this year and have taken care of those via online Black Friday shopping.  Well, didn't Brodie just go and change his list in the car, then got up there and read Santa a new item - a pop gun!  
Last June, when we were in Florida, he wanted a pop gun from Bass Pro Shop (which B calls "Jack's Crow Shop"), but he didn't get one.  I have no idea why that suddenly "popped" in his mind, unless maybe it was from watching Ralphie.
Click here to return to the Bass Pro Shops home page  
Who knows, but needless to say, I was online to Bass Pro Shop late Friday night getting an $11 pop gun shipped to Casa de Mann.  
Don't judge me.
I want them to enjoy the carefree magic of Christmas while they can.

{4}
I have tried to be creative with our Elf this year, but so much has been going on with my surgery and my grandmother's illness, I just haven't been feeling very creative.  I hope to get it in gear this week when the boys are out of school and ramp up our holiday fun.




{5}

And speaking of my grandmother's illness, she decided to end her chemo last week.  The chemo was not being administered as a cure, but to try to shrink the tumors in hopes that she would not get an intestinal blockage.  She does not want to have any surgery.
Her medications have been keeping her pain free and comfortable at home.  She was in absolute misery having to get out and go to the doctor for the treatments, bloodwork, etc.
Hospice is in now.  Upon hearing all of this, I did what many in my family do.  
Some hit the bottle, but the rest of us hit the box.
The Krystal box, that is.  There isn't a whole lot that can bring as much comfort as a good cry and a sack full of Krystals.  I feel so sorry for my Aunt in NY, because she is up there receiving this sad news and cannot even drown herself in proper comfort food.  
There are no Krystals, Chickfila, or Sonics up her way.
How in the world do yankee folks survive any crisis without them?

Happy Monday!
Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

9 comments:

  1. I am super curious about what's in that Crystal box. Fries? Love those cowboy hats and I hear you about the Christmas presents. I can't judge you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh friend.... I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will keep you ALL in my prayers. I hate that this is happening, esp. durining the holidays.

    And on the Krystal note...haha...that's our "sober up in the middle of the night while we're drunk" food- Krystal & The Waffle House ...teehee- can't go wrong with either one! (we were at the "awful waffle" at 2am Friday night:)

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those darned elves on shelves. I keep forgetting to move ours! Then when Celia notices he's still in the same place as yesterday I'm all, "oh gee, I guess he wanted to be in the same place again today!" I'm such a slacker.

    So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sounds like that's the best way for her to be pain free and get as much comfort as she can right now. And us Yankees have never even heard of Krystal (what is it??) and have never seen a Chick Fil A or Sonic- I have no idea what I'm missing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your grandma. I can't imagine how hard it was for her to make a decision like that. :(
    I'm wanting to know also...what's in the box? A burger?
    The boys look so CUTE in their cowboys hats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers. My grandma made the same decision after many years of being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your little cowboys are so handsome.

    i am sorry to hear about your grandma. my grandfather did the same - decided not to continue chemo. it is a hard battle. praying for you and her and your whole fam!

    enjoy your week, get some rest and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The boys look super cute in the cowboy hats.
    I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. My prayers are with y'all.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH and on the yankee thing. I totally get that one of the only things I would eat for breakfast as a kid was instant cheese grits. And they didn't sell them in the commissary when my father was stationed in Minot, ND so my grandmother had to ship boxes to us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some hit the bottle, the rest of us hit the box. Love it...

    So sorry about your grandma, but so glad to find your bog! I am bringing your shirt to church ;)

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...