Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Ever Faithful Laundry


So, I often wonder these days,  what happened to the girl I was, who was rarely sick, who read 4 fitness magazines a week, who loved to work out, who went places with her hubs instead of saying she had to stay home because she was sick. And tired.  Well, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.


I can't help but wonder, am I being punished? tested? attacked by the devil?  what is it?


I was sick all summer due to gall bladder drama.  Had surgery in July.  Took a while, but then started to feel better.  Blah, blah.


Then the whole cervical carcinoma fun popped up so I had the hysterectomy and bladder sling on November 15th - thinking that my Mother and Grandmother would have B and b so I could recover at home.


But, the week before my surgery, my grandmother became very ill.  Her cancer has returned and so my Mother has been busy caring for her (as it should be).  Then my Mother sprained her ankle.  Seriously.


My Aunt and Uncle were here from NY visiting so they helped, too, along with my Aunt from Atlanta.


But, I haven't had a restful recovery.  I am supposed to be out of work for at least 4 weeks.  Ideally 6.  But I only have enough sick leave for 4.


The week after surgery, this wonderful yucky sinus infection began.  I think it has been exacerbated by my having to stay inside with the heat running.


And yesterday morning, I started vomiting and diarrhea round the clock all day.  I suppose I picked up a virus at the doctor's office or b's school, because I haven't been anywhere else.


So, my aunt had to come back down from Atlanta to stay with my grandmother, so my Mom could keep my boys at her house while the Canadian was here with me.


It is all just unreal.  I feel better today, but weak and dizzy.  


Of course over all, I am concerned the most with my grandmother, and I wish I could be up helping my Mother.  Hopefully, I will be soon.


In the meantime, the Canadian has taken charge of our ever faithful laundry.  


Upon beginning said task, he has deduced that we have too many clothes and wants to bag up donations.


Go figure.








  

6 comments:

  1. Oh Kerri! You have had your helping plus about six helpings too many of sickness and worry! I'm sorry, friend. I pray you get stronger daily and that your laundry pile doesn't grow any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it seems that the devil is running behind you ! that's terrible ! Hope next year will be a better year for you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri,

    I hate you are dealing with all this. I hope it all stops soon. I wish I lived closer to be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, i'm so sorry. it does seem to pour when it rains, huh?! i understand. we've had times like this. just know God loves you and is not punishing you. He cares for you and is going to get you through it. just said a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's what my selfish little mind thought when I saw that picture - thank god it's not just my basement that looks like that. I was ready to move out this weekend just to escape the sight of it.

    I'm sorry you're going through all this crap. Get still and accept it my friend so it can just move through you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm behind on my blog reading again. I hope you're feeling better. There's a yucky stomach virus going around here too. Hopefully, you'll be back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...