Wednesday, November 23, 2011

{semi} wordless wednesday {Nanny} {Pool} {Recovery} {Pies} {Black Friday}

We received bad news about my grandmother, Nanny.  Her cancer is back.  With a vengeance.  Chemo begins next week, not as a cure, but as a measure keep her more comfortable.
I am so very ,very thankful for having her in my life.
I am still praying for a miracle.
I have nothing to lose.
This is where I have spent many of my days lately, except during those times I am just so uncomfortable I have to go to bed.  
Someone please tell Possible I am not a cat person.  He thinks he is my nurse.
This was taken yesterday.  Yes, Yesterday.  It was almost 80 degrees.  I went to sit out there and "air out" a bit on the patio.  It was SO hot.  Before I knew it, the boys jumped were plotting to get in the water.  The Canadian thought he'd be smart and dare them, thinking they's stick their foot in and refuse.  Didn't work.  
The water was cold, though, (60s) and they didn't stay in long.
Since I was feeling better today, I made pies for tomorrow.
I have to make 2 because the Canadian will eat a WHOLE pie by himself.

Quick Note on Recovery...
It has not been easy, but I am feeling pretty good.  Today was probably my best day so far, but tonight I am pretty sore and achy - which is probably from being up more today.
We have had some wonderful meals brought to us.  Tonight, my sweet friend Trish, brought an Olive Garden montage and the most delicious pie I have ever tasted.  The boys even ate dinner for the first time this week - thanks Trish!

Video linked here - I LOVE it!I REALLY want to go out for Black Friday.  I don't think I am going to make it this year. So. Sad.  If I could go, I would dress just like the crazy Target lady.  I love her!


Photobucket



4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. But I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I not seen this Target ad? So many people have been laughing about it and this is my first time seeing it!! Glad the boys liked dinner...I wasn't sure what to get as you could probably tell! I did not know this about your grandma, I'm so sorry to hear it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother.

    I'm glad you're working your way to recovery. I hope you're back to 100% soon.

    And I like it when the Target lady laughs and runs wild!

    Happy Thanksgiving
    !

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I cannot stand that Target lady!!!

    Keep praying! Miracles happen all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...