Monday, November 28, 2011

miscellany monday

It's Monday!

{one}
Warning:  I have the blahs.
13 days post-op.
I think I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.
It is hard not to be able to do anything.
My stomach has not returned to "normal" yet.
My back and legs are killing me from sitting around so much.
And I am depressed about my grandmother's cancer returning.
Blah.

{two}
We had a nice Thanksgiving.  

We were all a little numb, thinking about my grandmother and all, but it was still a nice holiday.

{three}
Just as expected, I didn't make it shopping Black Friday.  I am just physically not able, yet.  I was there in spirit, though!
I also did some shopping online.  In fact, I think I might be almost finished with the bulk of it!

{four}
We did get the Christmas Tree up this weekend - somewhat.  I was not up to it, but B begged and begged and begged.  So the Canadian drug it downstairs into the middle of a disastrous living room (I can't clean and no one else knows how apparently).  The boys did their best to decorate it.  They put most of the decorations toward the bottom and many on the same branch.  It wouldn't win any prizes, but they are very proud of their work, and their joy lifts my spirits.  In addition, the only casualties so far:
2 broken glass Santa balls
1 decapitated wise man

{five}
B is CRAZY about Nativity Scenes again this year.  We were looking through some pictures online and I came across this item listed on ebay...
I have officially seen it ALL now!
You might remember last year, I 
Well, this just takes the cake!
Joseph in a sombrero??

Feliz Navidad, y'all!
Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your holiday header! Hope you feel closer to normal soon. My sis-in-law had a total hysterectomy a couple years ago and it took her a while. Such a big surgery, it just threw her body for a loop. You will get there, and hopefully in time to enjoy part of the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blahs are quite normal during a long recovery. And the cold weather and rain probably aren't helping. But when you're down, just look at the silly sombrero on Joseph's head! Re-dic-U-lous!

    Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're having the blah's....I am sure it's normal after having surgery and being laid up. Sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope things will turn around for you soon. Taking it easy is the best way to quickly get better. Big hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the holiday header! Nice touch! No one knows how to clean in my house either... thank God, I cknow how! And Joseph in a sombrero? I believe I have seen it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you have the blahs. Hugs!
    That is an interesting nativity scene. You should get the boys the Little People set we got one for my nephews Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your blahs. I hope you're better soon. That Nativity scene made me laugh! Sorry about your grandma. I know what that's like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I think I want that nativity set. It's funny how in this blogging world we're so afraid to talk about what's really on our minds, afraid people will click away. But this is the reality, this is the life. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma Kerri.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...