Monday, November 7, 2011

miscellany monday {overwhelmed}

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

source
Help!  I cannot think straight I have SO much to do right now.  I hate feeling overwhelmed.

We had a wonderful BUSY weekend celebrating b's 4th birthday.  I hope to have more time to post on that later this week.

This is the last week of soccer - thank goodness!  Can you believe that I was even entertaining the idea of signing the boys up for Karate classes between now and Spring Soccer?  WHY do I feel like I am slighting them if I don't have them involved in 9 million activities?

Did I mention I have TOO MUCH on my plate right now?
source
I am working 2 jobs, running a household, raising 2 small kids, taking an online certification course, leading Bible study, preparing for holidays coming up and I am about to go on an extended medical leave - do I have time for all of these extra things?  Are we really able to enjoy anything when we cram in too much?  Can I even be effective at the most important things?  What are the most important things?  
My judgment is clouded.

All I want to do is be a Mom.  And do Mom things.  But still be able to pay the bills.
source
My to-do list is ridiculous.

What a Monday!



6 comments:

  1. I am sorry life is so crazy right now.
    Happy Birthday b!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep breaths!!! I didn't realize you had 2 jobs. That's got to be really tough. Just take it one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the costume and matching cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a lot on your plate. Maybe the surgery will allow you to slow down a bit. You're right, too many things make it hard to focus and enjoy the moment.

    I'm going to ask my friend if I can share the 3 day diet...it looks like it was something she paid for...so I just want to make sure. If not, I'll email you separately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so busy. one thing at a time, one day at a time. and soccer is almost over... so that is one less thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too busy! There, I said it! We talked about this in Sunday School once. With all the pressure for our kids to excel in EVERY sport and school it's insane.

    Parents have to be intentional NOT to let our kids do so many things. Libby does a dance class during the school hours and it still leaves me with a list of things to remember - send her dance bag and a change of clothes and money for the recital and on an on. And I really don't like it! Between that and church activities she's too busy (in my humble opinion.)

    I feel ya except yours is doubled -two kids and two jobs - Yikes!

    Slow down because we only get to go around this life one time.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...