Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011 {Captain America} {Spongebob ~ take two} {The Good Stuff}

Last year, one of my most read posts was
 So Halloween Became Different for Me where I recounted some of the sad things that have happened at this time of year, for the last few years.  This year, I find myself in yet another situation as I am facing a hysterectomy in 2 weeks due to a spot of cancer.  
Even still, I have much joy
 I had such fun with B and b tonight. 
There are memories I want to cherish in my heart forever. 
 Things that aren't important to anyone but me.
You know, the good stuff. :)


~~Things I want to remember from Halloween 2011...~~

Brodie, age 5
So excited to wear a costume to school, but so nervous that he may be the only one.  Kept asking me, "Mommy, what if no one else is dressed up?"
Was very disappointed to not win the games at his class party, but handled it with dignity.
Tried to encourage others and give them tips on ways to win the contests.
Enjoyed his classmates chanting "Brodie! Brodie! Brodie!" as he competed.
Was thrilled to get to go trick-or-treating.  Kept saying, "We need to get our buckets filled!"  He was so disappointed at the homes that were not participating and would sigh and say, "We'll never get our buckets filled!"
He loved giving out candy, too and would yell, "Have a Happy Halloween!" as they left our door.

Blayd, age 3 (barely, will turn 4 on Sunday)
Decided demanded to be Spongebob again.  He was Spongebob 2 years ago as well.
Bar none, this was the most enjoyable Halloween with him.
He ran right after Brodie to each house yelling, "Trick or Treat!"  He would tell the home owners, "I'm Spongebob and this is Brodie, Captain America!"
He would also yell, "Thank you! Happy Halloween!" as he ran off from each house.
He was thrilled when kids came to our house and would run to the door saying, "Here comes another one!"  He wanted to fill everyone's bag with lots of candy, too.
They both had fun playing the games I had setup in the living room.  Earlier, at the class party when Brodie had not won any games, I told him, "That's okay, we don't always get to win, but maybe you'll win some of the games at home later."  He said, "We don't have any games or prizes at home."  I said, "Oh no? You just don't know what your Mother might have."  
Of course his mother didn't have anything that a quick trip to Dollar Store the store couldn't cure.
Bean bag toss, spider throw, skeleton drop, bat fly and prizes!
He was quite excited upon seeing the games and prizes later at home.  
We played and played, and I told him, "Don't you ever doubt your Mother again." :)

When trick-or-treating was over, I almost didn't want to come home.  My legs were sore from all of the walking, but I just kept thinking, this is it
One more holiday wrapped up and over, and they'll never be this age again.



7 comments:

  1. They are so cute! i am glad you got to enjoy Halloween. I didn't get many trick or treaters this year i was kind of sad about that and now need to figure out what to do with the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your hysterectomy Kerri. Praying all goes well with your surgery. Your boys look so cute in their costumes...love that you dressed up too. I bet your boys loved that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great Halloween was had by the Mann boys! I love the shots of them running from house to house - captures the excitement to a T!

    I will be praying for your upcoming surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are precious!!! Halloween is so fun at that age. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What little cuties! I'm glad y'all had such a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's healing to remember what we have to be grateful for. Still my friend, I'll pray for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...