Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesdays at the Table {Pumpkin Muffins} {Weight Watchers} {Hungry Girl} {Recipe}

{Today I am linking up with Cole for Tuesdays at the Table}
So lately, many of my blog friends have been posting all about making their favorite pumpkin treats.  I am not a cook, and especially not a baker, but I did find a recipe last year that was easy and yummy, too!  As I have mentioned before, I love the Dunkin' Donut Pumpkin Muffins, and, well, these are not even close to that kind of decadent-ness, but they are good and they give you those same yummy flavors and enjoyment - for under 200 calories!
If you know the Hungry Girl, you know she likes to eat and she provides Weight Watcher information with all of her recipes. This whole cookbook is pretty good for providing easy, yet tasty alternatives to some delicious favorites.
iced 'n spiced pumpkin puddin' cupcakesPER SERVING (1 frosted cupcake):
112 calories, 1.75g fat, 200mg sodium, 22g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 12g sugars, 2g protein
PointsPlus® value 3*
Here's what you need for the muffins* :

2 cups Spice Cake mix
1 can Pumpkin
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/8 tsp salt
*I didn't make the icing, but she includes a recipe for it and the whole total (for muffin and icing) is 112 calories, so my version without the icing is even less than that.

Here's what you do:

measure, pour, and mix all ingredients

batter will be lumpy

spoon batter into 12 count muffin pan

bake at 350 until toothpick comes out "dry"

They are really moist, and I like to have one warm with a dab of butter on top - yum!

The boys prefer them with a little frosting and candy corn!

What's your favorite pumpkin treat?

3 comments:

  1. Where is mine???? Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, those look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always learn something on her tv show. Her recipe for pineapple upside down cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...