Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Visit to the Pumpkin Patch {Autumn Colors}

 This past weekend, we visited a local Pumpkin Patch.  
We go each year, and they have many activities in addition to shopping for pumpkins.
And even though you can't tell it in this picture, the boys were real excited and had a great time.
We went to work, searching for this year's "Great Pumpkin".
 The sun was bright and hot.
 
 All of the pumpkins seemed to call to us, "Pick me, pick me!"
The boys worked quickly, filling our wagon with potential finalists.  
We worked quickly sneaking them back out.
 Amid reports of pumpkin shortages, there were plenty items to choose from, and many were quite unique.
Some looked like strawberry and lace.
Some were already painted and decorated.
A few looked like snakes, all coiled up with their head and tongue out proudly.
Some looked like geese, bending over to sip from the lake.
 
And some looked like, well, we aren't exactly sure....
But, the Canadian was sure we hadn't seen anything like this around our house.

Have you been out enjoying Autumn?

PhotobucketJenny Matlock

22 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!! I was just talking about going to the pumpkin patch this weekend! So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT'S a squash! Stopping by from FF&P on SWW. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like such a fun time! Fall is my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that is a pumpkin patch! it really looks amazing. wish i lived where you do. the boys are doing a great job modeling the pumpkins. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin orange has to be the best autumn colour. I may have to borrow a grandchild and visit the pumpkin patch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post - beautiful pics!

    And thanks too for stopping by.

    Have a great weekend & look forward to *seeing* you again next time,

    XOXO LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from FF&P for SWW.

    What a fun family outing! I can't wait to buy a few pumpkins this weekend to decorate for a Halloween party I'm hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They had such a wonderful variety of pumpkins! It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumpkin patch photos are always my favorite...something about the light and the bright pumpkins...I always love them! Great shots, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these pictures. Something about a pumpkin patch that just makes for some of the best photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for my visit! I love going to pumpkin patches and I try to make everyone that I can! This is really great, now I've been to another far from home!...without spending as gas money!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a colorful post ! that must have been a lot of fun too !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kerri, just found your blog! Hoping to do the Pumpkin patch thing with the girls this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE a good pumpkin patch. Really gets me in the mood for the holidays.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. pumpkin patches and kids go great together. pumpkin patches and husbands?... haha... I know there's a photo of my husband somewhere... just like yours! silly boys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeow!!! I want those gourds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pictures. We went last year but haven't had a chance yet this year. Husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun! And the snake ones do look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those were some pretty funny looking pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun time! Glad you found the perfect one:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's always strange going to the pumpkin festival and sweating. I think that here every year. Aren't we supposed to have sweaters on? Carrying a steaming flask of hot something-or-other?

    Loved your pictures! It made me feel distinctly Autumnal! Always a good thing when you live in a desert.

    Thanks for linking up to Fall Break.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...