Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Miscellany Monday on Tuesday {Cold} {Oktoberfest} {Soccer} {Hockey} {Dream Homes}

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

It got cold this weekend!  I was frEEZing!  Had to crank up the space heater, pull out the furry slippers, flannel pjs and flannel sheets.  Oh my, I am not ready for winter to come yet!  Now, I know our GA winters aren't bad like others, but cold is cold to me!
We had a teacher furlough day on Friday - boo! for loss of pay, but yay! for staying in this attire all day long with coffee in hand. 
It made the 9 million loads of laundry I did a little more bearable.  The washer/dryer ran from about 6am to 8pm nonstop. And there was still more to do.  Seriously.
We did our weekend regular soccer and hockey routine.  It was frEEZing at B's 9am soccer game, but b and Woody didn't mind.
Nana brought cupcakes for an after hockey snack.  But I didn't get a picture.  SIGH
We also visited a Oktoberfest at Uchee Creek.  
It was a nice small-scale event, as in - not overwhelming when you have 2 little kids! 
It reminded me so much of being in Helen, GA for Oktoberfest - which was our yearly routine before B was born.  The Canadian and I got married there, too.
In case you are wondering, b had on his SpongeBob costume.  No idea why, but he wore it almost all weekend.
I so wish I had my real camera with me so I would have something better than these crappy blackberry photos!
Admission was free, and all of the inflatables and kids games & activities were free as well.
There was lots to do!
You can't see him, but B (age 5) made it all the way to the top of this Spiderman climbing thing.  It was amazing, but not as amazing as b (age 3) making it 1 level below the top and falling down.  He was SO upset and frustrated that he didn't make it up.
This thing was hard, and I was just thankful that no one got stuck because the Canadian and I might have died trying to climb up and retrieve them.
Our friends had a table set up at the festival advertising their nearby real estate development in Fort Mitchell, Alabama.  We visited the model home on the way out.
Can you believe you can get 3 floors of over 5,ooo square feet for roughly $250k??
We were amazed at these beautiful homes, and would love to have one, but secretly all I could think about is what kind of energy it would take to clean those 3 floors after B an b had been blazing through on a daily basis.

Happy Miscellany Monday on Tuesday!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe what kind of house you get for your money in different parts of the country. That house would probably be closer to a million, or more, in my area. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend. The pics are so cute. Especially of the kids dancing. That's an amazing price for a house that size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a LOT of house for the money. I agree with you though...the thought of cleaning that place would be overwhelming!

    I remember when my son carried his Woody doll around...and he slept with the big old hard plastic buzz light year too. I think that movie will always be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the relativity of cold when you live in a warm climate! It's 60 here and I'm thinking about putting flannel sheets on ! ha!

    Your family is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cold is a relative thing so I'm sure you DO feel cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! I feel you on the cold. We not get it bad in the south but it is still to cold for me. I broke out the flannel sheets this week too.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...