Monday, October 10, 2011

miscellany monday {kick it up} {urodynamics} {Canadian Thanksgiving}

{one}
source
So lately, I have been trying to eat better, exercise and lose weight to get in "shape" for my surgery.  I figure if I am going to be down for 6 weeks, I had better try to do all I can before then.  It has seemed so far off, though, like I had plenty of time.  This weekend I realized that I am having the hysterectomy/bladder surgery in a month.  I need to kick it up a notch if I am going to be in better shape in time.

{two}
Speaking of surgeries, have you ever had a Urodynamic test?  I had one today in prep for the bladder surgery.  Let me tell you, it is SUPER FUN.  Imagine finding yourself hoisted to the ceiling with 3 catheters.  I felt like kinda this car...
That is all I am going to say about that.


{three}
Today was Canadian Thanksgiving.  I ran around this afternoon, trying to collect a few things to make a special dinner for the Canadian and to give the boys an opportunity to celebrate their heritage a little.  B was real excited, as he loves all holidays, decorations, and reasons for celebration.
I had envisioned happy surprises, a lovely meal, laughter, and fun.  But more often than not, holidays never work out that way, do they?
The food and effort was a waste.  Here is the table before...
Here is the table after...
Neither the Canadian (who by the way does not read this blog), nor I, felt like eating.  We have okay days and bad days at Casa de Mann. Despite my efforts, today was bad.  I guess that is just the way life goes on this miscellany monday.
Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

4 comments:

  1. happy canadian thanksgiving! looks yummy! and good for you, for thinking ahead of time and exercising in advance since you'll be down for the count. and boo - sorry about that procedure today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That procedure does not sound fun! I'm so sorry you had a bad Monday. I hope Tuesday is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess you have leftovers for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, holidays never work out. I'm sorry to hear that your beautiful efforts weren't appreciated. Also, that catheter thing sounds downright sickening. I remember being probed in similar fashion the night before I had to give birth to deaglan. It was worse than the ten hours of labour and emergency c-section. I'm thinking positive healing thoughts for your surgery my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...