Thursday, September 15, 2011

V is for VERY Cool! {Jaws} {Springer Opera House} {orbs} #SharkWeek


So recently, our local Springer Opera House, which also happens to be the State Theatre of Georgia, held a screening of my favorite movie - you guessed it - Jaws!
I have seen this movie a million times, and read the book almost every summer since I was in my early 20s, but I have never seen it on the big screen.  I arrived at the theater early and grabbed some snacks from the Springer Saloon.
Then, we were off to find a perfect seat in the historic theater.  I might mention that the Springer is said to be haunted.  I have never been on the actual ghost tour, but I wasn't surprised to see white spots in my pictures....could they be orbs?!
My friend Kim and I were together for this exciting event.  She loves the movie just as much as I do (but not sharks).  Please note I was dressed the part in my Jaws t-shirt and B's shark tooth necklace!
We had a blast!  We were very interactive audience members - quoting lines, singing along with songs, giggling, laughing - such fun!  (We did warn the people sitting around us beforehand).  My sister also came to the screening with her boyfriend and my niece.  They all took off as soon as the movie was over.  I can't be sure, but I think they were embarrassed!

Let me just say it was quite an experience seeing the movie on the big screen.  I noticed things I have never noticed before.  You just can't see some of the details and colors on a regular television screen.  It was amazing!  Also, everyone at the Springer was so nice and helpful.  They were all thrilled at seeing my t-shirt, too!  I saw another lady who wore shark tooth earrings and a necklace.  It is fun when people get in the spirit of pure silliness!

Even more exciting is that I facebooked the Springer, asking if they would consider showing the movie again next year during Discovery Channel's Shark Week, which is usually the first week of August.  After all, the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta does special Shark Week activities, so why not involve the State Theatre of Georgia, too!  They said it was a great idea!  I hope it works out because it would certainly be VERY cool!

I am linking up with Mrs. Jenny for Alphabe-Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. cool I would love to see that movie on the big screen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Atlanta originally, and used to go to Columbus to visit family all the time. The Springer is a wonderful place!

    My favorite line from Jaws is "that's some bad hat, Harry!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many movies I would love to see on the big screen again. I remember seeing Sparticus with Kirk Douglas after it was restored. It was in a huge theater in Los Angeles and they tried to follow the original experience of the Oveture and Intermission. I will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful friends off to the gorgeous theatre to watch du, du, du, du, du, du...Jaws.

    Okay. I hope you got my little word lead in on that! ha!

    This passed summer we borrowed our neighbors outdoor projector and screen and watched Jaws from the pool. It was a hilarious time!

    Thanks for linking up!

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...