Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesdays at the Table {Taco Soup/Chili} {recipe} {weight watchers}


I think everyone has their own variation of this recipe.  I have heard it called Taco Soup, Taco Chili, Tex Mex Chili, etc.  To kick off my new restart to Weight Watchers, I made a big crock pot of it to eat over the long weekend.  This is great to have on hand because it is very filling, and yet not too damaging to the waistline!

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey breast
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 package taco seasoning
1 can each:  chili beans, black beans, corn, stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style tomatoes with chilis
*some people add an onion, but I don't like them.  Sometimes I use fresh tomatoes.

Directions:
Brown the turkey & drain.  Dump everything in the Crock Pot and cook on low until done.


Let's talk Points Plus!
The chili alone is 3 points plus per serving.
I like to top it with:
1 tbsp light sour cream - 1 pp
7 Tostitos multigrain scoops - 2 pp
sprinkle 2% cheese - 1pp
Total points plus for my version  = 7 points plus.
*You can use fat free sour cream and cheese if you want to reduce it further.  Also, the baked scoops may allow a few more per serving.
*Basic Recipe Linked Here with Nutritional Information

Today, I am linking up with Cole...

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Well, except for the beans. I'm NOT a bean fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning from Los Angeles!

    Wow, that looks fabulous. I am going to cook up some chili this weekend!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those dishes that I never get tired of! My version is Taco Soup because it's more soup-like and less-chili like. But it all looks quite good to me! And with the rainy cool snap...I WANT SOME NOW! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks wonderful. i will have to add this to my list to try this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMMMMMM....I love this and will use this recipe if it means I can have more for less calories.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...