Monday, September 5, 2011

Miscellany Monday {home alone} {date} {labor day}

The boys spent the night at my Mom's on Saturday night which is a complete rarity!  Normally B will cry to come home.  He couldn't go to sleep until midnight, and did wake up crying but they made it the whole night this time.  The Canadian was off watching a football game, so I was home alone.  I resisted the urge to run screaming joyfully through the house like Macaulay Culkin
source
Being alone was weird, but productive, as I was finally able to get my room deep cleaned (including under the bed) and I got caught up on some reading.  The rest of the house is still a wreck.  Just can't get caught up since being back at work.

Since the boys were away, I woke up at 5am (of course!).  After being up for a while, I did manage to fall back asleep but then woke up too late and lazy to head to church, so the Canadian and I splurged with an impromptu breakfast date to IHOP.  We sat in the restaurant in peace and were even able to read the paper, sip coffee, and chew our food!   
source
Then, we went to Lowe's.  The morning was quite nice, but weird, in a "deja vu-ey" kind of way.  This used to be our (almost) daily routine.  Get up, go out to breakfast, then off to Lowe's to get something for a home improvement project were were working on.


That was back before we had 2 little ones squirming around.  Also, back when we had money to blow on daily breakfasts out and home improvement projects.

You will not believe what happened later, when I started working on a little spray painting project.  I am still too exhausted from the whole ordeal to tell the story.  Look for it on Thursday...off to relax and enjoy a rest from my labor (or as the Canadians say, labour) on this wonderful Labor Day 2011!
source
Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!

4 comments:

  1. A night off sounds amazing! Especially since you don't have good sleepers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love Lowe's! :)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've often thought that a morning date would be nice! you've convinced me it would be!!! glad you had a quiet night at home alone. i was just singing the home alone theme song outloud today and my hubby was like "where did that come from?!" good question. you and i must be on the same page. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relaxing day. I love Lowe's!!!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...