Friday, September 30, 2011

Let's Eat Y'all! {Recipe Swap Friday} {Mexican Layer Dip}





Photobucket





Welcome to Friday, y'all!  If you are in the Beautiful South, SEC Football (Roll Tide!) is in full swing and you need some good munchies for parties!  I am linking up with my girl Daphne today and sharing a Mexican Layer dip that is always a big hit! 


Here's what you need:


1 can Refried Beans
1 package of Taco Seasoning
1 package of softened Cream Cheese
1 8oz tub of Sour Cream
1 jar of Salsa
1 package of shredded lettuce
1 package of Mexican Blend shredded cheese
1 can finely chopped Black Olives


Here's what you do:

  1. Mix half of the packet of Taco Seasoning with the Refried Beans and spread in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
  2. Mix the other half of the Taco Seasoning with the softened cream cheese and sour cream and spread it in a layer above the beans.
  3. Pour and smooth Salsa in a layer.
  4. Finely chop your lettuce and sprinkle in a layer.
  5. Add a layer of shredded cheese.
  6. Top with finely chopped black olives.  I like the chopped because they make dipping easier!


Enjoy with your favorite chips!

Side note:  I am wondering these days about the pre-shredded cheese.  I read on Carissa's blog that there are reports of types of plastics in shredded cheese.  Has anyone else heard this?  I may be moving to shredding my own cheese from here on out.  What is up with all of this "stuff" they are putting in our food because it is only trace amounts that can't "hurt" us.  Can't it all add up at some point and be bad?  Hmmm...
Anywho...
Hope y'all have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love this stuff...I could eat it with a spoon! I haven't made it in years, thank you for the reminder...

    I hadn't heard about the plasctics in shredded cheeses, but I kinda can believe it...some brands textures are weird. It's probably cheaper to shred your own anyhow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything Mexican. This sounds delicious!

    Popping over from FF&P Recipe Swap.

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I'd eat it for lunch right about now! :) I hadn't heard about the plastic in shredded cheese either, but it somehow doesn't suprise me!! Is anything safe?! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh mexican...my middle name (or is that maragaritas? either way!ha)

    Thanks for linking up sharing that tidbit abt the cheese. That is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not going to believe me...but my husband and I had this for dinner last night. The only difference is I mix the packet of seasoning with the cream cheese...but next time I will try the half and half thing. What a coincidence! I could eat mexican every night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite dip! I can eat it for a meal! Sometimes I put ground meat in it too. I usually leave the lettuce out because I find it gets soggy. Have I mentioned that I will be having nachos tomorrow while we watch LSU?? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making this dip! It has been awhile, so maybe I should make it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! I hadn't heard the plastic thing but I'm not surprised. WE always by the big bricks, it's way cheaper around here than buying the shredded.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...