Saturday, September 24, 2011

Farewell Summer {favorite things Friday on Saturday}

source
A friend posted this on facebook this week and it captured the melancholy in my heart...

"When Summer gathers up her robes of glory-and 

like a dream glides away"

-S.H. Whitman

Yall know I am 100% a Summer Girl and this is always such a sad time of year for me.

I am trying to embrace the change with comfort foods and drinks.




Must be careful, though.  As of this week I am down 4.6lbs.


friday favorite things | finding joy

6 comments:

  1. I had a pumpkin frappacino yesterday....and I can't wait to have another one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin at Dunkin?! I will have to try that once it is cooler :)
    It's still a little warm here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I can get you some Butterscotch Kisses Cocoa now if you're feeling the love again!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being down the 4.6 pounds!! Congrats!

    And, sigh, yes there are many many MANY wonderful fall treats. I think it's prep for us for winter -- got to get us summer loving girls in a good mood. :)

    Blessings and thank you for linking up!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully, I don't like pumpking so those treats aren't the least bit tempting!! Congrats on the 4.6!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...