Monday, August 15, 2011

Miscellany Monday {school woes} {art} {luau} {the script}

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one}
Although B likes school, by day 3 he was whining that he did not want to go.  He said that the days are just toooooo long, and that he doesn't have time to do the things he wants to do.  He said, "All we do is get up, go to school, come home, eat, bathe, and go to bed!"
Oh the sad cruel realities of life.
So we were in the pool by 9am Saturday morning and stayed all day.  
I even became pruned.
I feel bad for him because I am just as miserable that summer break is over.

{two}
May I point out that although summer break is over, summer is not officially over until midnight September 22!  I do not appreciate retail stores encroaching upon my summer joy by putting out Halloween and even Christmas items.  Stay strong Summer 2011!

{three}
We had a great time at our church Back to School Luau.  I am so thankful our church is brave enough to be grounded in the gospel, but also F-U-N!


{four}
Just as soon as I bragged on b via facebook for actually participating in making art Friday at school, he got busy adding more art to our home...

{five}
While outside all weekend, this song played many times on the radio.  I thought, wow, that sounds so much like our life familiar...

"For The First Time" ~The Script

She's all laid up in bed with a broken heart,
While I'm drinking jack all alone in my local bar,
And we don't know how,
How we got in to this mad situation,
Only doing things out of frustration

Trying to make it work but man these times are hard,

She needs me now but I can't seem to find the time,
I've got a new job now on the unemployment line,
And we don't know how,
How we got into this mess
is it god's test,
Someone help us 'cause we're doing our best,

Trying to make it work but man these times are hard

But we're gonna start by
Drinking old cheap bottles of wine,
Sit talking up all night,
Saying things we haven't for a while
A while ya
We're smiling but we're close tears,
Even after all these years,
We just now got the feeling that we're meeting for the first time

Oh these times are hard,
Yeah they're making us crazy
Don't give up on me baby

It reminded me of a time long ago, when the Canadian and I first met.  We were both in crisis.  And we would sit up talking all night.  And we got through it. 
Together.  
And it made me realize, we'll get through this mess too.
Together.


Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute picture of you and the Candadian! I love how you said you're thankful your church is grounded in the gospel...but also knows how to have fun. So important...and hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of the two of you too. I'm glad to hear that he liked school. My big fear is that Deaglan will be devastated to leave his little friends from the daycare. LOVE the picture of little b on the couch. He is too cute to stay mad at too long I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prune fingers are the DEFINITE sign of summer :) Sad though that it's becoming a sign of summer being over. This is always the hardest part! I wish we could all still have some more time :) Your family is so cute and precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your boy sounds like me... all i do is take care of kids all day and go to bed. ha ha ha. the realities of life can be hard, but so thankful for them, too!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...