Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Meet My Kindergartener! {Ten +1 Pictures on Tuesday}

B started Kindergarten this week!

Sunday night, I ironed his clothes and we got everything out and ready.  I hid my tears because I didn't want him to be afraid.  He was very excited and exclaimed this is the "BEST WEEK EVER!"
When I first saw him Monday morning, I was coming up the hall and he was walking out of his bedroom door saying, "Mommy, it's my special day!"  Suddenly, all I could think of was when I carried him through that door for the very first time, when he came home from the hospital.  
I fought back the tears.
He got dressed and we all went with him to school. We were a little early so we waited on the playground for a while.

He was proud to be able to cross the monkey bars.
When it was time to go inside, he got right to work!
They had to copy a sentence in their journal.
As I was taking pictures, he scolded me saying he was trying to work!
It was a long emotional day for me.  I wasn't worried or stressed about him being at school, I was just drained.  I was hoping I made the right decision with his lunch, and praying he was safe and having fun.
Later that day, after school, I was walking up the walkway to find him. I couldn't see him but I could hear him saying, "Mrs. Dent, there's my Mom!"  I almost started sobbing again.  I am so proud to be his Mom.
When we got in the car, I asked him to tell me all about his day.  I savored every detail, as I know one day when he is older I'll ask what he did in school and he'll just say "nothing".  I also know he won't always race home and announce, "I have to do my homework right away!" like he excitedly did today. 

After he gave me the highlights, and recounted all of the wonderful new things he experienced, he looked thoughtful for a moment and said, "Mommy, I wish you could come to Britt David School."  
My eyes are empty, but heart is FULL.



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Awww how sweet!!! Several of my close friends all have kiddos starting Kindergarten this week. I know it's not going to be good for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! I admit, I cried last night while labeling and packing Libby's supplies for her new 3-year-old class. Whoa, I think I'll need to be heavily-medicated before she starts kindergarten! It's all so bitter sweet.

    I'm glad he gave the first day a glowing report! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable post! The end made me laugh and also made my eyes waterup! I love that he was so eager to share his day with you because yes in the blink of an eye we will hear that "nothing" word. I got to meet my sons pre-k teacher today so in a couple of weeks I will be feeling this exact same way. Oh my! I am not ready for this! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Kerri. I could bawl my eyes out over this post. What a beautiful little boy you've raised. And what a heartfelt warm mom you are. Your boys are so lucky they have a mom who is crazy about them.

    This will be me next month when Deaglan starts junior kindergarten. I will be worrying about all the same things my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...I probably should NOT have read this tonight because now I am crying. That was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome little guy! Oh how I remember that first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday...so hard for us moms. And, homework on the first day? Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am glad he had a wonderful first day.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...