Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Miscellany....Tuesday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Miscellany Monday....on Tuesday!


Hope you had a great 4th! The Canadian's birthday is on the 4th as well...of course the 4th is not a holiday in Canada (their day is July 1) but he always thanks our country for putting on such a big party for him.  I always try to remind him that his birthday celebration is NOT a 4 day weekend just because it happens to fall on our holiday.

For my Bloggy friends not in the South...this is what we call BBQ!  I thought it was so hilarious when I first met the Canadian and realized that anything cooked on the grill up there is called BBQ!  I told him, "A hotdog is NOT and will never be BBQ, at least not in the South!"  BBQ here is pork - Boston Butt - and you can eat it chipped, chopped sliced, with or without slaw and pickles, and have your BBQ sauce hot, medium, mild, or FIRE!  Now, the Canadian cooks these for all of his friends who come to visit and refers to himself as the "Grill God".  These were actually cooked by my Dad, though...
...and these on his other grill.  Please note, these are NOT BBQ - they are ribs!

This picture makes me laugh...out loud.  Especially when I know he was saying, "I can't breathe Mommy!"  They don't usually wear masks.



Busy day tomorrow...surgery day! Having the gall bladder out.  Lot's to do to get ready to be down for a bit...prayers appreciated...see you soon!

8 comments:

  1. Danger just makes me smile lol...let me know if you need any help with the boys or the house while you are down from surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers your way for a safe surgery & speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you today Kerri...hope your surgery goes well!

    The picture of your son made me laugh too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow. Will be praying for all to smoothly, quickly and not-too-painfully for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Danger!
    I pray the surgery goes well tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your surgery goes well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning from Tokyo!

    Kerri, you are in our thoughts and our prayers. I hope surgery goes well and recovery is swift. My best to you!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    PS~A very happy birthday to your sweet Danger!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts are with you my friend! Shaune and I were just talking about bbq and what it means to us and you guys! I told him it was pork and he didn't believe me.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...