Monday, July 18, 2011

Miscellany Monday {I wanna go back!} #Shark Week {VBS} {Thankful}

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
{one}
I woke up this morning and thought, only one more Monday after today before back to school.  Arrgghh!  Make the BEST of it!
Oh summer, stay strong!!
 "I wanna go back and do it all over, but I can't go back I know"...~Eddie Money



{two}
One happy thing to countdown to, if we must face the fact that July will end, is SHARK WEEK!  As you can imagine, it is a pretty exciting week at our household.  Boy, Discovery has done it up right this year with lots of promos, Twitter contests, Facebook posts, etc.
I won a prize pack - can't wait to receive it...more on that when I do!
{three}
VBS (Vacation Bible School) ended last week and it was amazing, again!
B had an absolute blast, seeing his friends from Preschool and learning the songs.  Last year, I had to order the VBS DVD - weeks after it was over - because he kept asking me how to do the motions he learned with the songs.  This year, I videoed everything so I will have it ready! :)  
There is nothing in this world like watching your child sing praises to God.  Seriously.  As I mentioned before, I have been way down, and this was a true lift for my spirit.
In one of the most otherwise stressful weeks of my life, driving B to VBS every morning, with the VBS Praise CD blaring, it truly helped to keep "truth" in my clouded mind, as I listened to the boys sing along.
"It's so amazing to think about God's love, the God of creation is looking after us, he knows us, he hears, us..."


"God is watching, watching over you, 24/7 watching over you, your life is in his hands, woh ,woh, He's got great big plans 'cause He's watching over you"



{four}
Thank you to everyone for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.  Last week ended much more happily than it began.  I am so thankful for my friends here and in blog land.  Often times, we keep the painted smile on and never let anyone know how bad we are struggling.  Sometimes just getting real about something and confessing it out loud, not only makes you feel better, but it offers Him the opportunity to activate a support system around you through your friends in the Faith.


Today is a Happy Miscellany Monday ~ Really, it is!

5 comments:

  1. Blogs not blots - darned auto correct anyhow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same VBS theme this year and I love, love, love hearing my son singing those songs! This was such a great year! I can't believe your summer is almost over. We have about 5 more weeks left in FL. Enjoy your last week! Lifting you up in prayer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to live in summer forever! : )

    vbs weeks are the best childhood memories i have. can't wait for my kids to be old enough. adorable pictures and what sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're feeling a little better. Love the VBS pics and I, too, love the songs and motions. So much fun! Drew loves Shark Week, too, so I laugh everytime you mention it. He even announces, "Shark Week is on this week, I'll be hogging the downstairs TV." Got it, honey!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...