Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Faith {Soul Surfing}


So here is my Summer Journal...
No, I have not seen the movie Soul Surfer - but it is on my list!
I just like to doodle and this is what came of it.
I have been using the journal to record notes from reading the One Year Bible
 I started it in January and reached the half way point this week - thank goodness!  It has not been an easy read, and isn't always enjoyable what with wars wars wars death death sin sin punishment blah! - not always enjoyable.  But it is interesting, and I am glad I will be able to say I have read the whole thing at some point (hopefully December).
I am also using the journal to write notes from the Bible studies I am working through.  Just finished the Patriarchs and am now starting my 6th Beth Moore read...


I am recovering nicely from surgery.  Lots of soreness, but not too much pain.  I had good people taking care of me at the hospital and I appreciate all of the kind words, messages, thoughts, and prayers from my bloggy friends!  As I was in pre-op waiting to go in, this time I focused on the fact that God wasn't just with me in the room, but he was actually inside of me as I lay there.  It was comforting to know he is faithful when we are in need.
Have you experienced his faithfulness lately?  I hope so!  Happy Friday!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. i'm reminded of God's faithfulness every single day! love that "Believing God" study. there's such a peace in trusting Him. happy recovering to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your surgery went well. Hopefully, the pain will be gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling well enough to blog. Get well very soon! And yes, sometimes focusing on God is the only thing that can bring me true peace.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...