Friday, July 15, 2011

Beyond Stressed and Distressed {Friday Confessional}

Photobucket


I confess....it's me, "Kerri Downer" again.

I have nothing cute or funny to say.

If only our lives were as picture perfect as our facebook statuses can make them seem.

I am in a season of awfulness. 
I am so stressed, I am stressed about being stressed.

I don't have any answers.
Yet, life goes on.
I am so thankful my boys are too young to know the stress around them.
I have had to make a conscious effort every day to try to be peaceful and energetic around them.  
It is not easy.
I don't always do a good job.
I have had to schedule and make myself do fun things with them with a painted on smile.
It is not their fault.
I don't want to ruin their precious happiness.
They are my only happiness.
I want them to enjoy this wonderful carefree time in their life.
Sometimes I feel sorry for them, having me as a Mother.
I am mad at myself for not just focusing on being thankful.  
I am trying.
My children and family have their health right now, and that is all that is really important.
I am working on finding hope.
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7

4 comments:

  1. You are a phenomenal Mom & friend!!! You are such a blessing, I can't even beging to tell you what a blessing you are to me. Remember, God is good & He loves you. Keep your focus on Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is hard to put the smile on when that dark cloud is following you. i am astonished by your ability to do it for your children. i have lots of memories of my mom in her room with a headache. but even more memories of her outside blowing bubbles for us to dance in and baking cookies for us to decorate. as long as the happy outweighs the sad you are doing all right!!

    thanks for linking up!! it's fun to see you. i hope the darkness passes soon, i will say a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri, I admire you for being so honest. It's hard to pretend everything is perfect when it's not. I think you're awesome for keeping busy with your boys...by the pictures, they are having a grand time.

    I had to laugh when you said, it's me Kerri downer. Even when you are sad you are funny! I hope you're soon feeling better. I don't know what you're going through at the moment, but sometimes it is helpful to take a little time for yourself...that can make all the difference.

    Big Hugs,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that you are going through a rough time. I hope it works out for you soon.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...