Saturday, June 11, 2011

Are We There Yet?

So this fella fell into the classic "are we there yet?" mode on our way to the beach yesterday. It started when we were only 15 minutes on the road and was followed by "this is gonna take forever!" About an hour into the trip it was "can we take a plane to Florida next time?"
I can remember when they were smaller just hoping to have enough Baby Einstein dvds to keep them from crying on the road. I guess those days are over and the "are we there yet" has set in!
B was so funny yesterday as we were leaving he said, "What if another family's house burns down and they see our house empty and come live in it?!" I reminded him that his Dad would be there, but he still wasn't comforted until I added that the doors would stay locked. Oh the mind of a 5 year old!
Poor b on the other hand had an upset tummy all the way down which made for frequent stops and a "stuffy" car. My niece, Miss P, was with us and I kept telling her it was the paper mill in Dothan - oops!
We were all a little stir crazy by the time we hit FL, but no one was injured - oh wait, scratch that...Miss P did bop B in the mouth with a Mr. Potato Head and busted his lip. Blood was everywhere. I had to pull over to be sure it didn't hit that missing tooth spot, and thankfully it had not. Why did she do it you ask? To stop him from saying "are we there yet?" of course!
Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. PAPERMIL.....HAHA...too funny.

    What part of FL are y'all traveling to?

    I had to LOL at the WF pic....that's where the Mr & lil Mr are this AM too!

    Safe travels and hope the tummy troubles are over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to consult a map, I didn't realize you were so close to Florida. Deaglan is all about the are we there yets. The DVD's are slowly not working. Hope your summer is full of fun so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope yall are having a great time at the beach. we are headed there on Monday and I can;'t wait, THis momma needs some major R&R! Again, your blog is just adorable and so much fun! I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...