Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pre-K Graduation

Still catching up!
So, the inevitable happened, and my first born graduated from Pre-K.  It still seems unreal that he is so grown, and so not a baby anymore.


His preschool put on a very nice program which included the children singing their favorite songs and a video of clips from throughout the year.
Their favorite song was "Tooty Ta" and it is quite silly and at one point says "bottoms up" which is of course why these little "potty talk" obsessed kids love it.  To see a clip of "Tooty Ta"...click here
They were presented with certificates, and hugs from their teachers.  I love his teachers!
To see Brodie get his certificate...click here

Then there was a reception with cake and sandwiches.  It was all so very nice.

We were happy to share this special day with family and friends!


Afterward we went to Nana's for more cake and family and presents!


Brodie has had his eye on this beauty for a while.


Oh and let me note that during the graduation ceremony, the preacher said a prayer and seconds after his "Amen" and almost on cue, this little devil loudly said, "Whaaa whaaaa whaaaaaaaa!"  I almost died.  You know, Brodie never got a bad report, not one single day at Pre-K, that may not be the case for this one.



I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand.
You felt so good in it; no bigger than a minute.
How it amazes me you're changin' with every blink.
Faster than a flower blooms, they grow up all too soon. 


So let them be little,
'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give 'em hope, give them praise,
Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,
Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little. 


I never felt so much in one little tender touch.
I live for those kisses, your prayers an' your wishes.
An' now you're teachin' me how only a child can see.
Tonight, while we're on our knees, all I ask is: 


Please, let them be little,
'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give them hope, give them praise,
Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,
Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little. 


The so innocent, precious soul:
You turn around, an' it's time to let them go. 


So let them be little,
'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give them hope, give 'em praise,
Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,
Let them sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little.

Let them be little.

Listen to Let Them Be Little by Billy Dean....click here

On to Kindergarten!

7 comments:

  1. Aww, he looks so handsome! That kindergarten transition is a big one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Kerri...that first picture of Brodie by the tree...he looks like a 2nd grader!
    Your pictures remind me of my son's preschool graduation, with the teachers kneeling down for pictures. I remember being pretty sad about moving onto kindergarten...epecially b/c ours is ALl day...no option. Sounds like Brodie is ready. The last pic is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just cried... Can't believe B is going to Kindergarten in just a couple of months! So proud of him!!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Brodie. Love his sweater vest ensemble! These moments are bittersweet, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the boys' outfits!!! Adorable pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post! What cute outfits they have on :)

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...