Monday, May 9, 2011

Miscellany Monday with more on the Mama Project

{one}
These days and weeks are flying by now as we reach closer and closer to the end of Preschool.  Graduation is next week.  I seriously can hardly stand it.  This time is so precious in B's life, and I don't want it to end so soon.  I'm trying to savor each moment.

{two}
We have growth!  If you read this post about our garden ala Curious George, you won't be surprised that I have no idea what these sprouts are.  I should have marked the rows as George did. *SIGH* But, regardless, B is thrilled we can see some action!

{three}
My favorite Mother's Day gift was this card.  I heard B working on it - unprompted and all on his own - on Saturday night.  He brought it to me and explained that he loves me as much as all of these hearts.  *LOVE*

{four}
If you were able to endure my long post about the loss of my second baby and my involvement in the Mama Project here, you can now see the finished photo essay here!  I think it turned out wonderfully and Jessica's sincerity and heart for this project were amazing.  The project was also featured on the local news.  Jessica has her commentary and the news video linked here.  Seriously, go here and experience some amazing stories, all told in photographs.


Happy Monday!
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
link up here

6 comments:

  1. Good morning from Tokyo!

    I know you are going to forever hold your little man's card close to your heart. What a thoughtful boy!

    Thanks for sharing the end result of the Mama Project. I was wondering about it not too long ago so I'm very glad to see this today.

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card!! We did some planting today. Deaglan was a big help (well that's what I told him anyway). I'm heading over to see the rest of the project now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the article on the Moma Project in the paper - beautiful project!

    From what little I know, your new growth looks like something from the squash family: cucumbers, zucchini, summer, etc. Check google images under "squash sprouts".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't homemade cards the bestest ever?! My son use to punch holes too in his cards!

    Just checked out the mama project...I think it's amazing. The pictures are beautiful. I couldn't find all the essay though. I will check again! Thanks for sharing this special project with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I just read your story about your miscarriage and I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. Believe me when I say that I completely understand what you went through. I've had 5 miscarriages myself and it's the most grueling thing that a mother has to go through. I also read the Mama Project and all of those mixed feelings (from a miscarriage) came rushing back to me. Big hugs to you Kerri...you're a very strong woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the sprouts become veggies it will be a surprise for all. The card is to sweet. Glad you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...