Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

B's school hosted a Mother's Day Tea.  The children sang a couple of songs and served us punch and cake.

They also had gifts for us.  They had made "About Me" books, corsages (made from water bottles), and these super cute plates the kids drew a picture on.

It is nice to be honored as a Mom.  It is toughest thing I have ever done.  Raising the boys is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  It has aged me.  It has changed my marriage.  It has taken away my rest.  It has taken away "me".  I am on my own in this, and I have been a little sideways lately, and beyond overwhelmed.  Last Sunday, I was outside with the boys and the music was playing and it was a beautiful day.  I had been feeling pretty anxious, horrible, and stressed -the usual- when I got up to take something to the trash.  I really don't know why, but some combination of the breeze, the music and the squeaky gate flashed over me and I got a distinct feeling of the old me.  I am very far away from her these days, but it was nice to feel her for a few seconds and know she's in here somewhere.  I miss her.  
But I love being a Mom, and I wouldn't change it for the world.
Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning from Tokyo!

    What a lovely treat. A Mother's Day tea with sweet personal touches by your little one...what could be nicer?

    Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! You are a great mom and you juggle SO much. I am wiped out with one little person, you have my respect!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...