Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Field Trip! Coca-Cola Space Science Center

B's PreK Class went on one last field trip to the Coca-Cola Space Science Center.  The Canadian and I have been there before - back in the day before we had kids when we used to do things together.  He and I went to see a Pink Floyd LASER show, and let me just say I have never been a drug user, but I would have to imagine I experienced something close to an acid trip.  It was freaky, but fun!

Anyway - the kids had a great time!  They saw a kids movie in the Omnisphere Theatre...


B was pretty upset that they didn't show Pluto.  It is a shame they ousted that little planet, but I suppose the scientists know best, right?   I did notice there is a "Stars of the Pharaohs" show I am very interested in.


The kids also explored the simulators...



and reported the weather...

It was a quick, fun outing.  If you have small kids, you will not be overwhelmed, as the facility is not too large.  You can easily watch your kids at all times. Adult admission is only $6 and kids are $4 - you cannot beat that! 

Also, can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that they have reasonably priced items in their souvenir shop?  I told the lady how wonderful it was and she remarked that they try to keep the prices low, since it is for the kids, and they also structure the price to round up to an even number after taxes so the kids can easily count out their money.  Can I get an AMEN! from all Mom's who have had to fight through the stressful experience of a horrible over-priced gift shop?!?


I highly recommend it for anyone who has not been.  And who knows, maybe this summer the Canadian and I can go on another LASER trip...dare I say date night...as they have a Beatles LASER show I haven't seen!

6 comments:

  1. Had fun today! Can't believe it was our last one!
    I'll watch the boys while you and Doug have that long overdue date night! :)
    --Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon from Tokyo!

    I love Children's Museums, yet there are too few and most are so expensive! The one in Charlotte certainly was. I am so glad y'all were able to go, enjoy, and explore to your hearts content. These are things you'll keep close in your memories forever!

    Have a lovely week!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!!! I remember taking mine to the Space Center years ago SNIFF SNIFF

    Hope your having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to take the kids to a space show. And by the way, what a beautiful pic of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I like the picture of you in the purple shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to live in Georgia....this post brought a huge smile to my face =)

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...