Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Here are a few things I am lovin' this week...

{one}
I am loving this devotional book for toddlers!  I bought it last week at Lifeway, as I finally reached my wit's end on reading Jonah and the Whale 9 million times at night. :)
It is organized by date, and each reading has a verse, application, and beautiful pictures.  I wasn't sure how a devotional would work for small children, but this one has been great!  They understand the reading and it is easy for me to elaborate.

{two}
I am still loving my One Year Bible study.  You might remember, I started this on January (track back here), and I am almost a third of the way through.  I am especially loving that I am out of the book of Deuteronomy. What a long strange trip that was - sacrifices, curses, and blessings - oh my!  I have always been terrified of the book of Revelation, but now Deuteronomy is running a close second - whew! 
Bring it Joshua!

{three}
Lately I have been loving Little House on the Prairie reruns.  
The unfortunate Eliza Jane, looking for love in all the wrong places.
I went through a similar phase when I was on maternity leave as there is hardly anything worth watching on tv during the day.  Now, Hallmark Channel is airing the episodes in the evenings when I get home and am cooking dinner.  I posted a comment on my Facebook page and received several responses...

Kerri Mann  Just saw the Little House on the Prairie episode where Alice Garvey dies in the fire trying to save Adam & Mary's baby - I'll be wrecked for days!

March 30 at 7:07pm via Selective Tweets ·  ·  · 

  • Julie Allaire likes this.

    • Janice Pate Venuto I still like to watch the Prairie reruns. The saddest one I remember is when Laura's little brother dies, and she runs away because she thought it was her fault.
      March 30 at 7:10pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Tina Clark Fulford When Albert died of leukemia I was devastated.
      March 30 at 7:28pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Jennifer Brinkman Kerestes Girl!!! That was my favorite show when I was a kid...I loved Manly!!!!
      March 30 at 7:29pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Becky Brunson Wow! I didn't even know that show was still airing reruns!
      March 30 at 8:22pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Julie Sanders Eastridge Seriously, Kerri..... I watch Murder, She Wrote reruns. We r soo lame!!
      March 30 at 8:55pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Susan Hampton Oh my goodness! One of my favs for sure! I thought I had seen every episode at least twice but I missed that one!
      March 30 at 9:18pm ·  ·  1 person

    • Amy Gardner Mobley Loved that show - what channel has it?
      March 30 at 9:42pm · 

    • Kerri Mann Hallmark (yes, Julie, the lame-o channel LOL)
      March 30 at 9:48pm · 


Seems like everyone loved that show and the the agony of pioneer life! 
What was your favorite Little House episode? You know you have one!

3 comments:

  1. OMG...I just started to blog about Little House!! The BEST show ever! If we are home, we watch them after dinner...if not, we dvr them! We just discovered that they are on about a month ago...and I'm so excited that my son will sit and watch (most of) them. We just watched the one where Pa went to adopt Albert (isn't he the cutest thing ever?!) amd Albert's real father came forward to claim him (to work in the fields) and Albert pretending to be blind! A favorite? I'm not sure I could pick just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few toddler bibles too but mine are bit too simplistic. I like the idea of the devotional. I LOVED little house, watched it, read the books! I hope we get the Hallmark channel. Shaune will have a hay day with me watching that. He already makes a u-turn when he sees I have it on Oprah's network:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a devotional for little ones! So cute :) If you're interested, we are going to start the Love Dare next next week!

    New follower, please stop on by..
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Kerri says:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I LOVE reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...